New RGB LED?

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
oh boy that looks like a lot of fun.
2x VF on a serial green. and who needs more green?
the tightness would be a big improvement, but i thought from some of the other designs i saw that an added yellow not a green, would be the "white" color people would be used to.
like for example look at thier OWN spec sheet on the peak colors, where is the biggest HOLE?

at least it has 6 wire configuration.
i am not complainin, ok i am complaining, but i am still glad they are doing this :) is that better?

rgbphil

Enlightened
Hi Vidpro...long time no post (for me that is!).
That does look nice. It's good to see manufacturers having seperate anode/cathode pairs....following Lamina Ceramics with their BL4000 units I suppose and user feedback.
On the RAGB stuff, I've seen some research myself on adding amber to the RGB mix to fill up the spectral hole....it would have been nice the extra die was an amber...maybe they'll come out with one soon.
Phil

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if the total die size is equal to a LuxI or LuxV?

Would be cool with a stipple reflector and 3 constant current regulators tuned to make perfect white.

Or a torch that has 3 knobs with constnat current regulators so you can have a mutli color torch. Or even the white setup as above, with option to turn off one or more colors so you can do white, red, green, blue, blue+red, green+red, blue+green, etc