fenix l1p vrs dorcy metal gear

bkkd

Newly Enlightened
hello all, i just recieved my l1p from eliteled, very fast shipping and good service,....just compaired the metal gear with the fenix and findings are:

1. both seem pretty bright for a 1 watt led light, i have been compleatly satisfied with the metal gear, i had no other light to compair it with.......the output of the mg seems like it is really got a blue tint as compaired to the l1p.......thats not to say its bad, its just noticable when compaired to the fenix, i had not really noticed it before...

2. the fenix has a larger hotspot than the mg, and seems like it is just a tad dimmer than the dorcy, so little difference that i had to keep turning them off and on to compair them.......and this may be due to the mg being more blue than the fenix and it having a smaller hotspot....

3. the fenix output has a larger corona than the mg, this i like better also........

4. colors show up more natural with the fenix.

5. the mg runs off of 3 x 1.5 v aaa for a total voltage of about 4.5 volts across a small resistor.........

6. the fenix runs off of one lowly 1.5 volt aa.........and unknown to me what type of regulation if any it has, the topic has been covered before here so you all know as much as i do about that...........

7. im loving this fenix and it will be my edc along with my ritter grip benchmade............now if it just stays reliable.....

8. satisfaction index of 100%....................if no tail clicky problems...............

i have some beam shots and size comparison pics to post but i dont have permission to post attachments so i cant post them yet, as soon as i get permission i will edit this post to add them.......................

Last edited:

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have an L1P or Metal Gear.

When comparing flashlights, I've found it useful to test which flashlight lets me discern details of objects better.

Shine the light into a dark room with a clock on the far wall while standing outside the room and see if you can tell what time it is. Determine if you can distinguish details in the room better with one flashlight than the other.

bkkd

Newly Enlightened
parnass said:
I don't have an L1P or Metal Gear.

When comparing flashlights, I've found it useful to test which flashlight lets me discern details of objects better.

Shine the light into a dark room with a clock on the far wall while standing outside the room and see if you can tell what time it is. Determine if you can distinguish details in the room better with one flashlight than the other.

heh i done that i just cant post the pics of it............