Mag con. ?

bladefrenzy

Newly Enlightened
I'm sure you guys are sick of seeing these threads, but I am a light newbie, and after reading a lot of older posts I still have questions... I have several min mags,and a solitaire and I want to convert them to led. Now I have seen the prices on the kits for the soli are around $22 , so this one is kind of a no go with me, unless some here has an alternative. Which kits are better for the mini? I just want a drop in or very little mod to the light itself and still use aa's . SHould I get the nite ize or are there better ones available? Thanks Guys , your time is most appreciated. Later Steve

carrot

Flashaholic
The Nite Ize is considered pretty good here, but if you want throw you'll have to look for another. I haven't tried anything but the Nite Ize, but I took it back out after a few months- it started flickering... There are plenty other upgrades for the Mag Mini, such as the TerraLux module, or a sandwich from the Sandwich Shoppe. Can't remember any others off the top of my head.

bladefrenzy

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Guys! I went for the instant gratification on one, got the nite ize to put in one, now I gotta pick out a bright one, a little less flood , for my other one. Later Steve

wagsbags

Newly Enlightened
Personally I really like the terralux. Quite bright but still has about the same battery life and is somewhat focusable.