Broke my finger

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
I broke my index finger in my right hand. Both the drivers side and passenger side windows on our van ('97 Chrysler) stopped working within 2 weeks of each other. The motors on both broke, they are beyond repair and I cannot afford to fix them at this time, so I was puting some wood inside the doors to hold the windows up. It was very difficult because of the tight spaces and the sticks would get hung up while trying to get them in the door frames. On the last one I was pushing the stick into the door frame and it broke and my index finger slammed into the inside of the door and broke behind the first knuckle.
My bones are fragile right now so I guess it did not take as much force to break the bone as it normally would.
I did get the sticks in and the windows should no longer fall down. Hey at least it is winter and I should not need them :) .
It is very hard to type because of my finger so I will not be posting very much for a while.
As always your thoughts and prayers are appreciated for my family as I continue to do battle with the bone cancer.
Just in case I do not get a chance to say it to everyone before Christmas:
Merry Christmas!

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Having one's right index finger splinted and taped can add considerable emphasis to some circumstances! :D (I hope it heals soon and merry Christmas to you too!)

Larry

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Ouch. I hate when that happens!

I hope you've gotten prompt medical attention, or at least made up a splint with a coupla popsicle sticks and adhesive tape? At least it's an excuse to indulge in a popsicle while you're hurting. :)

Get well soon Jeff. And Merry Christmas to you and your family! :santa:

Fat_Tony

Enlightened
Merry Christmas to you too, LifeNRA. I am very sorry to hear about this new development, and I will keep you in my thoughts throughout the holiday season. I wish you a speedy recovery for your broken finger, the strength to overcome your other ailments, and many more joyous Christmas seasons in the future.

Best wishes to all,

Fat_Tony

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sorry to hear about your latest setback Jeff, I honestly don't know how you manage to deal with it all. Your family is fortunate to have such a strong willed and positive thinking leader. :thumbsup:

You will all be in my thoughts this Christmas, and I hope you and your family will find some peace over the holidays.

Merry Christmas! :)

Peter

BTW- The parts you need for a more permanent fix on those windows can be had pretty inexpensively on eBay.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Thanks guys for the continued support.
The biggest problem is typing. I can actually type very well with 2 healthy hands thanks to a typing class I took in high school many moons ago , just cant spell. Now I am pecking with my middle finger on my right hand and it is slow going.

Larry: :p esp. when you are right handed!

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
LitFuse said:
I'm sorry to hear about your latest setback Jeff, I honestly don't know how you manage to deal with it all. Your family is fortunate to have such a strong willed and positive thinking leader. :thumbsup:

You will all be in my thoughts this Christmas, and I hope you and your family will find some peace over the holidays.

Merry Christmas! :)

Peter

BTW- The parts you need for a more permanent fix on those windows can be had pretty inexpensively on eBay.
Thank you for the link! I cannot do it now but I now know i can get them cheaper than I thought it would cost.

Topper

Flashaholic*
Jeff, ouch I know it hurts but it is just a small setback on the road. Try to keep it a little warm not to warm just a little I honestly think that will help.
You are on my prayer list as you know and I am very dogmatic so I will not be letting go.
Topper

greenLED

Flashaholic
I'm really sorry to hear about your finger. :(
I do wish you a prompt and complete recovery, and many blessings this Christmas.

Hookd_On_Photons

Enlightened
Sorry to hear about your injury.

Please seek medical attention for this problem, if you haven't already. This kind of injury is usually easy to take care of as long as it's addressed soon after it occurs. If you wait too long, it could be much more difficult to treat later.

If the joint at the tip of the finger droops (that is, you can't fully straighten it), rig up some sort of splint to keep the joint fully extended (straight) at all times until you see a doctor. Popsicle sticks and tape will work, but take care not to wrap the tape too tightly. You can sometimes find finger splints in a drug store that consist of a flexible flat strip of aluminum with padding glued to it. Those also work pretty well.

Best wishes, and Merry Christmas to you and your family.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Thanks again for the well wishes and prayers.

I went to the Doctor this morning. I have a fracture of the 2nd Proxineal Phalanx (sp?) bone on my trigger finger :ohgeez:. Doc said it was a clean break and should heal up nicely on its own. He put a new splint on it (replacing my 2 plastic spoon handles and tape :) ).

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good luck healing up. Take this as an opening to learn to shoot with both hands. Might not ever come in handy, but at least you'll be able to try out for John Woo movies.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
ABTOMAT said:
Good luck healing up. Take this as an opening to learn to shoot with both hands. Might not ever come in handy, but at least you'll be able to try out for John Woo movies.
Good idea! I have been a little weak lately and have not done any shooting for a while. But as soon as my strength permits it I will hit the range.

Outrider

Newly Enlightened
LifeNRA said:
Good idea! I have been a little weak lately and have not done any shooting for a while. But as soon as my strength permits it I will hit the range.

Hi Jeff!
You and the family are in my prayers each day. Merry Christmas and may God bless us one and all!

Now get out there and burn some powder. This is great therapy for body, mind and spirit!

Best wishes always, Outrider

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeff,

again I don't know how you do it, you are a pillar of strengh to your family, and an inspiration to us on how prayers work to heal.

As always my families prayers are for you and your family.

May you have a blessed and happy Christmas and New Year.

Doug

Santelmo

Enlightened
Sorry to hear that, however I also do wish you a Merry Christmas to you as well as your family. A speedy recovery to you!

winny

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ouch! That's got to hurt.

I was wondering what had to be worst, hurting you hand or you foot back when I had to use crutches. Without a foot you can't get anywhere but otherwise you can do pretty much everything.

Without a hand or a finger, on the other hand, you are pretty much disabled from anything and learning to use your other hand isn't done in one day!

Get well soon and merry christmas!