who made the mini light out of a m@g bulb socket

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
i remember seeing it when it was first produced, who makes it and where could i get one depending on price.

Thanks

83Venture

Enlightened
I had the thread in my favorite folder on the old software but those did not transfer when CPF updated. As far as I can remember they never went into production.

residue

Newly Enlightened
sounds like the pico by mcgizmo(?) or one of the other long time modders. it was a lux running on button cells that only seems to have been given to a few select individuals. afaik, it was never for sale and probably wasn't very practical due to the short runtime.

there was a thread about it years ago and another picture of it in a post about smallest lights but i can't locate either of them.

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes it was the pico, any way, what kind of luxeon was he using 0.5 watt?

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
pico, by lambda I think... I'm pretty sure it was lambda.

I know it wasn't McGizmo.

ROVER

Newly Enlightened
If you follow the link in the post above mine, is that it --the thumbnail second to the right on the top of lambda's page?

residue

Newly Enlightened
yes, lambda sounds about right.

i think it was running a lux 1 and there was a question about how best to provide an attachment point so as not to lose it.

i also remember a handmade pico like light before the mag bulb body version that had a matte finish and was smoother like the orb raw. i think it ran on an n cell.