Surefire m3...A master of versatilty?

glock35guy

Newly Enlightened
I have recently aquired a couple of surefire m3's. One turbohead and one regular. What I am trying to figure out are my options...I know each has a LOLA and HOLA....I think you can expand past that but I am not sure....If I install an A19 can I run m4 lamp assemblies in the m3t? I know there are led heads out there but I am not sure what is compatible...I think its the kl6? I am not sure but isnt the turbohead the same as in the m6? Could you add two a19's and run the m6 lamp assemblies? I really an new to this deal so any advice would be great... Thanks!

Glock35guy!:help: :help: :help:

Topper

Flashaholic*
Yes to a A19 and M4 lamps Yes to a KL6 Yes to the Turbohead same as M6
NO to adding 2 A19's to run M6 lamps you will blow them quick. Hey is that M3T from me??
Topper

CLHC

Flashaholic
Wow G35G! Just acquired two (2) SF.M3s? Now with that purchasing power, just curious as to why you didn't just go straight for the SureFire M6?

Anyways, the SF.M3s are great lights to be sure and I have no regrets whatsoever having it. But for me, I perfer to leave it running incandescents and have NO interest to use a SureFire LED kit head on it. Then again that's just me.

Enjoy you new fandangled illuminators!

Size15's

Flashaholic
The M3T + A19 = Four-SF123A body requiring the MN60 or MN61 lamps.
P178.jpg

The Millennium TurboHead is used by the M3T, M4 and M6.
However, each flashlight has its own lamp assemblies.

The M6 is not six-SF123As in series. It is actually two parallel sets of three-SF123As in series.
This means it is more like a 9V light than an 18V light.
However, it is far too powerful to run the M3 or M3T lamps.

The KL6 is an LED bezel with a LuxeonV in a reflector.
This can be used on an M3/M3T body.
This "combination" is the basis for the L6.

The KL6 can also be used on the M6 body for longer runtime.
P85.jpg

I'm not 100% certain but I don't think the KL6 can be used on the M4 body. I wouldn't risk it without confirming with SureFire tech support first.

The M3T can also use the N2 lamp assembly. Although the M3T was not designed to use the N2 lamp it can be used in a non-critical capacity (due to the N2's shorter outer spring contact it may not provide 100% contact in abusive situations such as after a drop or after been used as an impact tool) The N2 lamp should not be used in WeaponLights for critical applications.

I presonally use the N2 in the M3T instead of the MN15 because it has a more round beam which I find more attractive.

You have a number of TailCap options for the M3.
SureFire offer three main Clickie TailCaps - the Z48, Z58 and SW02.
Al-swts.jpg

There is a discountinued SW01 non-clickie TailCap which is a pressure switch LockOut TailCap but styled like the SW02 (without a rubber shroud). I don't have one though.

Al

Topper

Flashaholic*
The KL6 will work on the M4. I was a little suprised to see the SF website even states it ( look at the led section). Before the big change there was a thread where that question was asked and a fellow CPFer posted that they personally asked PK about it and he stated then that it would work, I recall it very well but I have not figured out the search function on this new faster CPF. Hope that helps. glock35guy I sent you a PM.
Topper

AlanH

Enlightened
Can u run the M3T with any of the 'Brighter lamp' assemblies as a rechargeable.

I want to use it as a primary light on a nightly basis, running for around 30-45 mins every night, so I'd eat thru 123's.

Is it feasible without to much modding or do I just leave well alone a tried and tested light.

As always help and advice appreciated.

Alan

AlanH

Enlightened
Apologies for being dense, just found the answer to my own question:

Rechargeable M3

I should have known that if I searched hard enough, if it was an SF question, it would have already been asked !

Regards

Alan

JanCPF

Enlightened
Size15's said:
[snip] There is a discountinued SW01 non-clickie TailCap which is a pressure switch LockOut TailCap but styled like the SW02 (without a rubber shroud). I don't have one though.
WHAT! :wtf: You don't!? :nana: :D

I guess nobody does then :ironic:

Last edited:

nc987

Enlightened
I have a M3t and its my favorite all around light. If you can definetly try to get a KL6 led head. As far as Led lights go Ive got a U2, L5, E2L and my KL6 for my M3t is my best LED light. No dead spot, little more throw than the L5 and the U2 and those two are great lights in themselves. I would highly recommend it.

Heres the link of the beamshots I did with my KL6 on the M3T.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/95720&highlight=L5+U2+L6

P.S. Sidenote: just got my E2L today took it out in the woods, this little light is absolutely amazing. Beamshot comparisons to come soon.