SF 6P and the Galls H.A.L.O. Pouch

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Flexm.

I have GALLS pouches enclosing my 2 6Ps (L.O. Tail cap/round bezel) and my two ASP Taclites. I used a different strecthing technique: I just carefully dry-stretched them (with flashlight in), sustained the stretch approx. 30 seconds and repeated this a couple of times the first day, and once or twice the second day. That's all that was needed

The ARCAAA fits perfectly in that little battery pocket, which makes me wish for a second battery pocket on the other side.
I'm surprised that Surefire and Streamlight haven't come out with something similar.

Nice website!

Best regards,
Brightnorm

SurefireM6

Enlightened
Thanks for the response. I'll try that next time. I just cut PVC with a hacksaw to about 5.5 inches and left it in there after soaking. Your way sounds easier.

Gandalf

Enlightened
Nice website! Great photos of the Galls pouch. I bought one for my 6P. Since I'm not willing to spend $24 for a lockout tailcap, my SureFire 6P is a perfect fit in it. My version of a lockout tailcap consists of adding a heavy duty spring to the factory spring. I did this on my first SF 6P many years ago. I've yet to find my 6P,or any of my SureFires, with dead or weak batteries from being turned on accidently. It's a shame that the new and improved 6P's are a bit too big for the Galls pouch.

I'm still waiting for a nice pouch/holster for the E2. I still think it's a bit big to carry in my pocket, and often, it's easier to get to a flashlight when it's on your belt, than when it's in your pocket.
wink.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gandalf:
I'm still waiting for a nice pouch/holster for the E2. I still think it's a bit big to carry in my pocket, and often, it's easier to get to a flashlight when it's on your belt, than when it's in your pocket.
wink.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gandalf,
I have a couple of older 6P holsters. They are elegant, with extra fabric backing on the belt loop, neater and better made (IMO) than the current ones. The E2 fits beautifully, though you may have to run some black thread, through the bottom to keep the little critter from slipping out.

I wish I could tell you where to get them, but.......wait a sec, I just got an idea and I'm going to try it right now.........OK, it works! I'm a bit of a "holster freak" (the only way I carry my lights, except for an additional 2L in a winter coat pocket) and I just put the E2 into a STREAMLIGHT holster made for the Scorpion. Excellent (if not quite perfect) fit. The only mod you'd have to do is add an additional inch of velcro (self-adhering or sewn) below the stock velcro, to compensate for the E2's shorter length. That way it's almost a full inch shorter than the holstered 6P.
Hope this helps.

Regards,
Brightnorm