L2P Lost Brightness!

GrnXnham

Enlightened
I just got my Streamlight Luxeon ProPolymer 4AA light today. I was comparing it to my L2P. The Streamlight is brighter, has a much tighter center spot, smaller corona, and more throw.

Well now after switching back and forth between the two for about 30 minutes, I am convinced that the L2P got dimmer *just since* I got the Streamlight.

Yeah, that's it. Somehow the Streamlight made the L2P dimmer just by being in close proximity to it!

Anybody ever heard of this happening? Maybe the inertial dampeners or the phase inducers are out of alignment or something?

Bizarre how this flashlight thing works...

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you saying your L2P lost its "position in line" by being compared to a brighter light, or are you saying that you are using the Streamlight as a benchmark and the L2P actually got dimmer? Is this a battery issue?

Scott

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
I think beam brigthness is like beam tint, you don't really notice it much until you compare lights to each other.

Personally I think the SL Propoly Lux has just about the tightest hot spot and best throwing beam you can get out of a Lux I, and probably causes many lights to dim dramatically :), but I'd still say that the L2P just beats it on overall output (of course it's all subjective, I don't have a light meter).

hulla

Newly Enlightened
My guess is that your pupils constricted from staring at the hot spots.

GrnXnham

Enlightened
Sorry, I guess I should have used a smiley face. I thought the Star Trek techno-babble would tell you that I was just joking.

The L2P SEEMED dimmer just because I was comparing it to a newer brighter light.

Me bad.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
GrnXnham: Dont even try to go against Fenix.... you will be "Taken Out" by them :nana:

"them": = Fenix "Cult/Hype" Groupes/Menia ;) .... ... just kiddin :nana:

Seriously thinking... Both lights are good.. and it's "Luxeon Magic" / Lottery that could make you "seem" one light brighter than other....

even in same bin / flux rating.. there is a LOT of variation even if you try to drive all of em in series... it's not your fault GrnXnham ... it's all Luxeon's Fault :) ..... I am with you :) dont be scared :nana: