Are These Fenix Deals good? & some Questions.

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not been checking prices of the Fenix lights real carefully, but ran across these deals tonight on Amodotech's web site.

http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=67

I have two of the 2400 mAh Titaniums that I use in my Elektrolumens XM-3.
I like those batteries.
The fenix lights seem very nice. They consistently get good reviews from fellow CPF members. I have been toying with the idea of getting one or both.
I do have battery chargers, but could always use more with all of the AA NiMH's I have these days.
I do not have experience with this little charger.

I also have some friends & family whose birthdays are coming up in the next couple of months.
A complete setup could be a nice gift.

I guess my main question is,
are these good package deals?

Take Care,
mtbkndad :wave:

Kenski

Newly Enlightened
mtbkndad said:
I have not been checking prices of the Fenix lights real carefully, but ran across these deals tonight on Amodotech's web site.

http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=67

I have two of the 2400 mAh Titaniums that I use in my Elektrolumens XM-3. I like those batteries.
If you don't have a Fenix yet, I can tell you that you DO want one. From the standpoint of value, it's the nicest light I own. I enjoy it more than my SF lights that I paid so many dollars for! Less stress.

Can't tell you anything about that battery charger.

Those are the same batteries I use in my Fenix L1P, and L1 (non-P), and in many other lights. Good batteries.

You won't be sorry to get the L1P, and that bundle seems like a
fair deal, if not a dazzler.
But now that you pointed the deal page out, I'm thinking about the L1P & L2P & charger & 4X AA & battery case & Tester for $100 bundle.

D@#^ you! :broke:

Kenski

ackbar

Enlightened
damn. looks like a very good deal. they are charging 17 bucks for the charger alone. A L1P goes for 44.95

does anyone have any feedback on the charger? i've never seen a USB powered one before.

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shipping on the amondotech website is a little tricky. I ordered a couple of lights recently and played around with the shipping options and ended up with $5.95 as the lowest price. Best of all, they got to Texas from Calif. in 2 days!

harlequinn

Newly Enlightened
What may be a good deal for some, might not be a good deal for others. The question is what value you place on the product and what you are willing to pay for that products perceived value.

Is there a saving over buying the products individualy? If so, do you want all of the products in the bundle? If you don't want all of the bundle products it may still be cheaper to buy separately if the bundle discount isn't that big.

Good luck buying.

ackbar

Enlightened
TORCH_BOY said:
Its a good deal, but the S/H is Ouch!

Yeah. I just noticed that. I guess it is only a good deal for americans :(

Too bad. I kinda like to try the USB charger.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a good deal. $5 more for the charger/AA's. Even with shipping it's not bad esp the 100 combo deal.

The Fenix series rocks!

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the input.
I am going to have to think about these. I really like the lights and the fact I could use NiMH's with them is a big plus.
I hope these special bundles and prices are around for a while as I am a bit tapped out from Christmas.

Take Care,

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast
ace07,

Maybe you could buy the special bundle and ebay the parts you don't want.
The primariy thing that keeps me from getting the $100 special is that I just bought myself a Milwaulkee Jobsite Radio for my shop to use with the iPod my wife gave me.
the Rockford Fosgate speakers combined with the toughness of the radio make this a great shop/jobsite ipod companion. All those pretty white accessories would not survive long in my shop. The flip side is that the $90+ ($89+CA tax) that went to this Christmas present from me to me means I wil need to wait a bit for the Fenixes.

I think I will call AmondoTech on Monday and see how long these bundles will be available.

One last thought, to all who read this and celebrate Christmas, have a wonderful holiday.

Take Care,

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast
joecandlepower said:
The logo on the picture is in the middle of the light. So it "should" be a 2.5.
Can anyone else verify that?
Thanks.

I called AmondoTech today. Wayne said the lights he has are the most recent versions of each model.
Does that help?

I also asked how long these bundles will be available. He said for as long as they have their current stock and then they will evaluate the success of the promotion.

He also mentioned that there would soon be a link for buying the lights themselves without the bundles for people that do not want the bundles.
Since I am posting at 12:28 AM PST I checked AmondoTech's web site and each light can now be ordered individually.

I think I will take a chance and see if I can get the necessary spare flashlight funds for the $100 special before the stock runs out.
My wife recently said she may start collecting lights as mine are fun to use and it is a practical hobby (She already has 4 or 5). One of these Fenixes may go nice with her Gladius.

Take Care,

joecandlepower

Newly Enlightened
Mini review:
I just got my L1P today. They are the current version as well as the latest holster.
I got the $50.00 package with USB charger, two titanium AA's, and battery case. The battery case is actually fairly sturdy.

But I do see what the fuss was now about this little AA Led torch.
It has nice throw, nice spill, and a perfectly white beam with no defects. I believe I hit the "Luxeon Lottery" with this one. Lense is perfectly clear.
I'll have to compare it to some of my other lights soon.
Appears to be good quality as others have posted before and the holster is too.
I think I found my EDC.:rock:

carrot

Flashaholic
I'm not sure if I'm ready to buy a Fenix yet. How does the build quality compare to Surefire? To Mag? Everything I've heard so far has been great except for the weak (faux?) HAIII coat. Right now, the Fenix L1P is lower on my priorities than the Arc-AAAP and Inova X1, because I feel it is a "high-power" light, and would conflict with the duty my SF G2 has now (general purpose lighting). Right now I'm trying to have one light to fill each kind of niche I might want a light for, before I get "duplicates."

joecandlepower

Newly Enlightened
carrot said:
I'm not sure if I'm ready to buy a Fenix yet. How does the build quality compare to Surefire? To Mag? Everything I've heard so far has been great except for the weak (faux?) HAIII coat. Right now, the Fenix L1P is lower on my priorities than the Arc-AAAP and Inova X1, because I feel it is a "high-power" light, and would conflict with the duty my SF G2 has now (general purpose lighting). Right now I'm trying to have one light to fill each kind of niche I might want a light for, before I get "duplicates."
The only Surefire I have experience with is the G2 which is nitrolon. So can't help you with the HAIII. Also Ii can say is it appears well built.
The light is bright for a 1xAA luxeon with my little experience, but is nowhere near a highpower G2 in brightness. So there would be no conflict there.
The beam on mine is very nice though. The hype was justified.
You can get an idea on www.flashlightreviews.com and check the comparison lists.