Does anyone have this "1 watt" AAA light?

Russell52

Newly Enlightened
I've seen those before,I have looked for the place I spotted them,for 45 minutes,cant find it:( I visit alot of pages:p,Any way,From what I remember it was a china special,and looked like a 5mm led in it,and had no lens,I am sure someone here is wise to them,But if you buy one let us know how it works..

I wonder if that seller would send you some better pics of it?of the lens end and what not? Sorry I can not be of more help.. I kinda doubt that it is a 1 watt led running off of one single battery,If it is a 1 watt led,I seriously doubt that it is running at full power..

I put a 1 watt led in my dorcy 1aaa and took it out 30 seconds later,wasnt really any brighter than the stock 5mm led :(

Russ

schuster

Newly Enlightened
I bought one of these long before the group buy here. It's a very cheaply made clone of the original ARC "AAA" design (complete with all of its defects), and while slightly brighter is nowhere near 1 watt, or even 0.5 watts. The threads on the head are too shallow, causing the head to fall off; and too narrow. The end result on mine was that the threads eventually broke down making it impossible to screw the head in far enough to make reliable contact.

gorn

Enlightened
I bought a pair of those lights from the guy in your auction link. They are clone ripoffs of ARC. Not even close to 1 watt. For the price they are a good light. I did not find any defects with the pair I have.

balazer

Enlightened
I bought a bunch of these. I found that a few of them had bad threads - too loose, or mangled so that the head wouldn't screw in correctly. But 85% of the lights were fine.