nuwai rebrands?

pr5owner

Newly Enlightened
i went to a local radioshack today (the source now) and they had quite a few nuwai lookalikes if not rebrands,

3W runs on 2 AAs
6119091l.jpg

1w? doesnt say on website uses 3 C Batteries

6119012l.jpg

3W Luxeon Single CR123
6119048l.jpg

1W 3xAAA
6118952l.jpg

anyone know the equivilent nuwai model numbers?

Skyclad01

Enlightened
hmmm, I was at a local radio shack lastnight, and they didnt have any flashlights except for the mag solitare. Though I know my next nearest Radio Shack has a few M*gs and a crank light. And for some reason, I dont see any of thses on the radio shack website. But the 3W single CR123A light is a Q3 Lookalike.

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you canucks can drive down the street and buy Q3 lookalikes, I don't wanna hear about ya not having Targets there! :nana:
Just kidding. But seriously, you have poutine and I don't, so you suck.
I'm going to check my tiny POS Radio Snack on Monday, godwilling they will have something other than Mags and cranklights.

AtomicX

Newly Enlightened
Top photo looks like a Streamlight look alike to me... the third one, the 3 watt... geesh I wish my local RS had some of those. Or at least offered them online :awman:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Omega Man said:
I'm going to check my tiny POS Radio Snack on Monday, godwilling they will have something other than Mags and cranklights.

Awww, but don't you really want a poodle with a radio in it's belly? :p :laughing:

BlackDecker

Enlightened
That 1W 3aaa pictured is the same thing as a Sam's Element. Only difference is the Element doesn't have that rubbery grip. Sam's Element can be purchased at Sam's Clubs for a mere $27 for a twin pack.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
warpdrive said:
Yah but the prices suck for these Nuwai rebrands...
Remenber Thr Source has 900 stores with 6 employees each and they have to be paid.
Not like the online stores which could be 1 guy working out of his basement.
Anyways if you wait for the items to go on sale, the price is not too bad. Noticed a total lack of CPF interest in the Source's parent company Circuit City. as well

The 3W 1CR123A is the Nuwai TM-303X commonly known as the QIII around here.
The 1W 3AAA is the Nuwai ALX-1113A

Have not seen the other 2 but you can browse thru the Nuwai site
http://www.nuwai.com.tw/

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
LEDninja said:
Remenber Thr Source has 900 stores with 6 employees each and they have to be paid.
Anyways if you wait for the items to go on sale, the price is not too bad. Noticed a total lack of CPF interest in the Source's parent company Circuit City. as well
So instead of being $25-35, they'll be more around $40-55 right?
I wasn't thinking about that part. Plus they'll probably think they have gold, and will be counting on the fact that no one has seen these things before.

warpdrive

Enlightened
LEDninja said:
Anyways if you wait for the items to go on sale, the price is not too bad.

Yah for sure, but even so, there are better alternatives like the Dorcy's at FutureShop and BestBuy for us Canadians.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Omega Man said:
So instead of being $25-35, they'll be more around $40-55 right?
The source charges CAD$69.99 for their Q3. They go on sale once a year for around CAD$49.99
http://www.thesourcecc.com/estore/P...e&category=Flashlights_Luxeon&product=6119048
j2ledflashlight charges CAD$44.99
http://www.j2ledflashlight.com/tm303x.html
Omega Man said:
I wasn't thinking about that part. Plus they'll probably think they have gold, and will be counting on the fact that no one has seen these things before.
People who have not seen these things before will get sticker shock, go to the supermarket and pick up a Dorcy Illuminator for CAD$5. Or splurge CAD$16 for a minimag at Canadian Tire
The funny part is The Source almost always have.a rebranded Turtlelight/DorcySolidState at $9.99 sitting next to the Q3.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
warpdrive said:
Yah for sure, but even so, there are better alternatives like the Dorcy's at FutureShop and BestBuy for us Canadians.
I went to Future Shop when they first carried the Dorcy 1 watts. (2AA or 3AAA). Took me 2 hours to find them. Walked round the store by myself, did not see them. Asked various salesmen whp all said they do not sell flashlights. Went to the customer help counter. Found the torch on their website, crossed referenced to the sales computer. The helpful gentleman still took another 15 minutes and consulted with 3 department heads before he got me one. They were buried under the cellphone accessories! Hope it's better now.

I got my 1st 1 watt headlamp at Sears Canada during the pre Christmas sale for CAD$20.
They also had a 3D 1 watt. Did not have the 3AAA 1 watt Toollight though.

The Noma 1 watt headlamps/flashlights looks and feels cheap. Considering Canadian Tire is charging as much as Future Shop is charging for the Dorcys....