Sears $2.99 aaa tool light

Pathlight

Newly Enlightened
If anyone is interested I bought one of these lights on sale. it's cheap and so
is it's quality; but it might be a good one for a mod. it has a push button end
switch and larger focusing head. light on mine was very weak! also got weaker and brighter (sort of flickering). I thought it was switch or a poor con-
nection. kept trying it and it went out completly. tried an old bulb I had and
now works fine. much brighter too. this is the first thread that I've started.
wasn't sure I know how. love the forum.

bruner

Enlightened
Hi Pathlight,

I just picked up one of those myself last weekend.

It's a nice little aluminum case light for the price.

I agree the light isn't very perful, but it's an excellent candidate for changing to and LED light.

If you look at the "my current collection" photo link in my signature, it's the fifth light in from the left.

edit...
Since my flashlight collection photo is always changing, rather than refer to it for the sears light, I just added this photo:

Dan

Last edited:

io333

Newly Enlightened
bruner said:
Hi Pathlight,

If you look at the "my current collection" photo link in my signature, it's the fifth light in from the left.

Dan

What is that weird square grey thing seven in from the left?

io333

Newly Enlightened
Hmmm... weird light. I already have an Eternalight, so I can't see the advantage except for price. I don't have a flashlight that takes a 9v though. Do you like it?

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just picked up one of those AAA light from sears a few days ago. Nice cheap fodder. I opened up the reflector a bit, tossed is a cyan JRLED (cur down) and put in a Li-ION AAA. Runns direct drive at 26mA. there is enough room to put in a small boost module to run off a single AAA. The form factor leaves alot to be desired, but the tail clickie makes it worthwile. BTW the sears tailcap WILL NOT fit on a solitare, i tried....

Jeff

bruner

Enlightened
io333 said:
Hmmm... weird light. I already have an Eternalight, so I can't see the advantage except for price. I don't have a flashlight that takes a 9v though. Do you like it?

Yeah, it's a rugged little bugger. The case is all rubber. You have to remove the spring ring to take the two halves apart to get to the battery. When it's in off mode, the LED still glow constantly at a very low level. Some people like to keep them near the bed at night.

Dan

Pathlight

Newly Enlightened
WildRice said:
I just picked up one of those AAA light from sears a few days ago. Nice cheap fodder. I opened up the reflector a bit, tossed is a cyan JRLED (cur down) and put in a Li-ION AAA. Runns direct drive at 26mA. there is enough room to put in a small boost module to run off a single AAA. The form factor leaves alot to be desired, but the tail clickie makes it worthwile. BTW the sears tailcap WILL NOT fit on a solitare, i tried....

Jeff

hay WildRice, your mod sounds good, how did you get the head apart? Might
want to do it too. Thanks, Gordon

Last edited: