sonof raw just ordered

photo2000a

Newly Enlightened
thanks to some people here that helped me pick out a small light for my own holiday present

i just ordered a son of raw w/tritum i needed somthing small bright and 'cool' tritum things that glow =cool

I don't know too much about the light first hand or what 'kit' means but one thing i do know

waitng for it is the hard part!!! you folks have to get me thru the waiting and shiping

:)

tnx

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
It will pass quick, a kit is a light a battery and a charger. The charger will come with two tiny little magnets you have to put on the end of the battery so it will fit.

These are going to be bright little pocket rockets!!!

Enjoy!

I ordered one with 3 green trits!

-PSM

photo2000a

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the reply, i do like that this light have everything ready to go my first w/recharables!!

maybee i'll order some batteries for my SF and arc both need 123's

<shrugs> maybe i'll have to order a while i am waiting need one right away light looks like i got LED feaver :)

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Remember that this son of raw or NsRaw for nickel-silver. Takes a different battery than normal lights, its not a 123 or a CR2, refer to the thread for a actual battery but it is not a common one, I urge you to get an extra battery!!

Here's the light:

hand_wee_Raw.jpg

-PSM

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not regulated. Runtime - probably about 10 minutes, a little more if used intermittantly. This is a demonstration light, as apposed to a practical light.

It is 95% WOW factor and 5% practical value. It is designed to get the maximum light out of the smallest package, and to hell with run time.

Roger11

Newly Enlightened
JimH said:
Not regulated. Runtime - probably about 10 minutes, a little more if used intermittantly. This is a demonstration light, as apposed to a practical light.

It is 95% WOW factor and 5% practical value. It is designed to get the maximum light out of the smallest package, and to hell with run time.

This is not quite true. Here is specs.

3 watt TWAJ
High Low 2 stage Twisty
15mins Run time High
7 Hours Run Time Low
Mcr-16mm Aluminium Reflector
250 Mah Li-ion Rechargeable 14250
Material Nickel Silver
O-rings Bezel & join
45mm Long 18mm Dia

In actual use the high is not used often. I had the original and had it modded into 2-stage. That mod (it comes that way now, see above) makes this light a very practical EDC / keychain light. Note that low is 7 hours.

My daughter in law saw the light and wanted one. I gave mine to her and ordered a new Raw NS.

photo2000a

Newly Enlightened
wow i kinda got a knee jerk buyers remorse for a second after reading the last 3 posts here

i, never ready anything bad about it, but i was aware of what you just pointed out, i read the spec's and the cpf posts (mostly) that it is a short run time

and thanks for the heads up i did actually buy a extra batt!

what i was looking for was something super small bright and neet this seemed to fit the bill, i am sure ill end up w/ another lit simular for when i need say regulation, longer run times perhaps like that modified jil

i have a bias towards very small things that are bright, sometimes sacrficing run time sometimes not

but all good points and greatful for the tips