Patoodie and I thank CPF members

Babo

Newly Enlightened
Some of you may remember one of my early posts when I
was asking what flashlight I could get to drain D cell batteries
fast. I had 800 pre-Y2K cells that I had to get rid of or my long suffering
wife Patoodie, was going to use them as suppositories on me.

Well, many of you offered generous advice, and that led to Patoodie
coming up with the idea of taking nine batteries at a time and making
Santa's reindeer figures.
The idea was well received locally. A local gift store bought all we could make, and I ended up having to buy more D cells to meet the demand.

End result....We're leaving tomorrow for Hawaii.
In Hawaii, I will present Patoodie with a new diamond ring to replace the one I sold to buy the Y2K generator. She has bought me a new Hummer
which should be delivered in February.

Because of your help, we have sold enough D cell reindeers to open our own small Christmas decoration manufacturing business. We will make
battery-based figures.

You guys are the best. Thanks for making the first million possible.:goodjob:

greenLED

Flashaholic
are you pulling our legs? :)
If not, that's great! Congrats on your new business. Say hi to Lilo for me.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reindeer figures??? Couldn't you have used all those D cells more constructively, like purifying water by electro D-cell-inization? :naughty:

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is Babo short for Baboon? Is this for real? If so I hope you enjoy your vacation in Hawaii and the hummers from your Wife, er I mean hummer. :p

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
greenLED said:
are you pulling our legs? :)

Uh, yes.

If you read his original post, there are a lot of things that suggest something fishy, but even if you give him the benefit of the doubt, Babo posted on 11-06 (Sunday) asking for help using up 800 "D" cells and then on 11-08 (Tuesday) that they had come up with the idea, built 180 "reindeer" AND sold them. He also claimed they had done that on Friday, and that on Sunday they had a call requesting additional items (this is in his Tuesday post). Nothing adds up. He also ignored the request for photos of "product".

-john

Last edited:

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
The intitial post is funny, but not as funny as the follow up.. :)
If he starts looking for investors, some of you may wany to log off for a while..

The surplus batteries were posted last month.. That too was one funny thread.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was wondering how all those D cells are connected together; tape... welded? You would think there is significant risk of acid leaking from at least a few of those old cells too.

I guess if all those cells were connected in parallel there would be enough power to keep Rudolphs nose glowing for a few years.