Jil Intelli vs Raw NS vs CR2 Ion

colubrid

Enlightened
Can someone help a newbie:) decide. I want something that is very bright like the Raw NS but I don't know enough about the other two to make a decision.

Wee_Raw2.jpg
IMG_6204.JPG
20051112120644-jillite%20a.jpg

Macaw

Enlightened
With only about 10 or so minutes runtime with the Raw Ni, I would pick something with more runtime for use as a practical EDC. I ordered the Raw Ni mainly for the WOW factor because of it's impossibly small size. The two stage option does lend more of a utilitarian value to this light. I do not have any of the other two you mentioned.
You might want to consider the CPF special, mentioned in the Peak section of the Manufacturer's corner. This light may well have them all beat for output with the LiON batteries supplied. I have one of these on order too...

colubrid

Enlightened
I got the CPF Special and i am not to happy with it. The batterys that came with the light stick real bad and the beam has a white line running off one side like a clock. I looked at the reflector and there is a seam running on one side.

I am looking to trade it for a new Jil intelli or CR2 Ion.

joema

Flashlight Enthusiast
Macaw said:
...I ordered the Raw Ni mainly for the WOW factor because of it's impossibly small size...
Ditto for me. Haven't received my Raw Ns (aka Son of Raw, aka Wee Raw) yet, but that's also why I'm getting it, not because it's the most practical small light.

IMO the best option looks like the upcoming CR2 ION. Very bright (maybe 60 lumens), good runtime, well made, regulated, two stage, very small. It's expensive at $145, but it appears (to the extent possible to ascertain without having one) to be possibly the most practical choice in the ultra-tiny category.

However another possibility is the upcoming Peak 1x AAA Luxeon. It should be very small, yet significantly brighter than 5mm single AAA lights (Arc AAA, Peak Matterhorn). It's unlikely to match the output of the CR2 ION, but it will probably be a lot cheaper.

Macaw

Enlightened
:awman: I hope very much that the CPF Special that I ordered doesn't have any of the issues that colubrid has. Hopefully Dallas can address these issues before the next shipment of flashlights are sent out. I'm sorry to hear this.
icon9.gif

colubrid

Enlightened
MAcaw,

I am sure these issues will be addressed (they are going to have to) before the next shipment.

Now I hope they can do something about replacing my batteries that don't fit:awman:
I don't really want to send it back in to get the seam in the reflector fixed but I probably am going to have to.

Ned-L

Enlightened
I have the JIL Intelli and think it is a great keychain light. With user settable low and high modes, a burst mode, strobe and SOS modes it is a versatile light. You can have a very usable beam with long runtime and very bright for when you really need it. It is hardly noticable on your keyring. It seems to be well made. It has a nice, very white beam. That said for a little more money the CR2 Ion looks like a very nice light!