Nuwai QIII Mods, how to directwire?

joshivic

Newly Enlightened
I just got couple of protected rc123's.

I want to directwire I believe it is called, anyways I want to directwire the QIII so I get a brighter light and also last longer at the same time.

if anyone could use pics to explain what I have to soder to accomplish this.

Thanks

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi again! :wave:

I see you have the Q3 AnnnnD the LiON R123 batteries! Nice. How do you like the brightness when using the Q3 with your new 4.2v Rechargable battery?

No need to change anything in the Q3. But if you want to direct drive it...

First thing you need to do to mod the Q3 is to take it apart to get at the LED. What you can do is take the battery out and put the Q3 in a ziplock bag. Then drop the bag in boiling water for 3 or 4 minutes, maybe longer. Be sure to supervise the light during boiling. Some people take the light out of the boiling water and put it in cold water to break the lock-tite seal. I just twist it off with oven mitts while it's hot.

This will give you access to the LED which you can pull out and examine. Try to get the Bin code for us by carefully pulling apart the LED star from the small aluminum cylinder, just so you can get a peak at the numbers written on the back. *Use a flashlight to get a better view :wink: