Which would YOU buy? Fenix L1P or SF E2E?

Read the setup and select which YOU would buy next.

• Fenix L1P

Votes: 43 50.0%
  • Surefire E2E

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • Surefire E1E

Votes: 5 5.8%

• Total voters

DigMe

Enlightened
Currently my only Surefire is a G2. As far as incan I also have a Brinkmann Legend LX, 3D Mag and a Mag951.

In LED I have a Brinkmann Rebel LED, SL ProPoly 4AA Lux and PrincetonTec Keychain LED.

I'm trying to decide what I want to buy next - I can spend up to around 70 bucks and won't be able to buy anything else expensive for a good while. I can spend $45 shipped for a Fenix L1P or I can get an E2E from someone in the Sell forums for around 70ish I believe.

EDIT - Added E1E to the mix since that's available in the price range as well.

If you were me and that was the setup which of those two would you buy next?

brad cook

rmacias

Enlightened
Hands down the Fenix L1P. The Surefire E2E is a nice torch but you can save a few bucks and not have to use costly CR123's. Well that's my choice.

RJM

CLHC

Flashaholic
SureFire E2e because you can change the lamp assembly accordingly and the already proven record of it durability. Besides, there's other adapters and the like that is found throughout CPF for "customizing" it. . .

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tough choice in some ways. The Fenix is just excellent. It blows away any other 1xAA light I own or have seen. A light almost anyone would be glad to have.

The E2E is one of my all time favorites and gets used as often as anything else I have. Also it opens the door to the SF E body modular system. You can get an E1E by adding a 1 cell body either SF or Vital gear. Add a KL1 (throw) or KL4 (flood) LED head. With both the 1 cell and 2 cell bodies, you have three incan lamp choices and 2 solid LED choices.

Go for the E2E. You won't be sorry. Add the Fenix when you can,

Mark

DigMe

Enlightened
rmacias and CHC,

Your respective signatures say it all!! LOL

:)

Thanks for the input though.

brad cook

GWC3

Newly Enlightened
still being a newbie, I think I'd vote for E2e. My Fenix are still enroute, but I've had my E2o for a month now and its what I carry usually in my coat pocket during winter. Its got the MN02 25 lumens buld that gives remarkable light. But as I said, I haven't received my ordered L1P yet.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
E2e hands down ... a serious light and lots of possible upgrades possible ... KL1, MN02 LA, KL4, Aleph and McLux parts, ...
bernie

magic79

Enlightened
If you already have a nice incandescent, the Fenix for sure. It is smaller and lighter than the E2E, easier to feed, and no so bright (like that E2E) that you can't use it up close...plus you can mod the Fexix for two outputs, which is very handy as bright as these lights are.

That's my 2 cents!

eyeQ

Newly Enlightened
Fenix L1P.

Take a look at my post in GFD, "That's it – no more flashlights for me" for details.

paulr

Flashaholic
I havent't had that much interest in the E2e. It's a better built light than the Fenix, is brighter and has a tactical switch, but it's an unregulated incan, sort of a crude device. If I wanted a 2 cell Surefire incan, I'd probably hold out for an A2. However, this opinion is influenced by: 1) I don't have much interest in tactical applications, and 2)I already have a Streamlight TL3 for when I want a pocket thrower.

Oh yes, also, if I wanted a pocket incan for frequent use I'd consider a Strion.

dougmccoy

Enlightened
In many ways this question is difficult to answer. The higher initial purchase price of the E2e is redressed somewhat due to the longevity and modular aspects of the E2e v the Fenix. However the Fenix shouldn't need replacement bulbs and uses cheap batteries. The other advantage the Fenix enjoys is the lower replacement cost in case of theft or being mislaid.

IMO the purchase decision depends on how you envision using the light? If it is going to spend a large amount of its life in continual use and isn't in a harsh environment then I'd probably opt for the Fenix. If, however, you feel the light will be used as and when and would be subjected to very hard use then I'd certainly decide on the E2e.

Whatever you decide please update us on your decision and why?

Doug

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
All due respect for the marvel of flashlight engineering the SF E2 is, and a love for the modularity of its various parts, as a recent Fenix owner and convert, i have nothing but heaps of praise for this little wonder. One of the best all-around versatile and solid performing lights I've yet seen, Its the little light engine that could! Solid build, good materials and workmanship, serious runtime of readily available AA cels. Cheers to Fenix!

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Owning all three and a KL1 head for the E's I slightly give the nod to the Fenix. The supplied clickie switch I prefer to the twisty of the others. Adding a clicky to the E series increases the cost of the units and would put them out of your price range.

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pellidon said:
Owning all three and a KL1 head for the E's I slightly give the nod to the Fenix. The supplied clickie switch I prefer to the twisty of the others. Adding a clicky to the E series increases the cost of the units and would put them out of your price range.
All E series except the E2O now come standard with a clickie. Why the E2O does not is just one of those SF decisions.

Start with an E2L and add an incan head, or start with an E2E and add a KL1.
Shop around and see which way works out cheaper. If you prefer the long pocket clip on the E2O, (I sure do) they are available for $6 from SF.

Mark