Replacement Reflectors and Lenses for Streamlight Ultrastinger and/or SL Stinger HP

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anybody know if there are after-market replacement lenses and reflectors for either the Streamlight Ultrastinger or the Stinger HP. I am thinking that with a glass lens and a metal reflector a modified US or Stinger HP might be able to handle heat a little bit better than plastic.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Replacement Reflectors and Lenses for Streamlight Ultrastinger and/or SL Stinger HP

1. Reflector is not replaceable, and is metal; the head is all one piece, with the reflector area being milled and treated to facilitate it's use as a reflector.

2. There are no glass lens replacements for the HP/US head. There is a thread in the Icandescent forum that lists a possible glass lens replacement for the HP/US, though I tried it and couldn't get it to work (though I may have been using a wrong size for the glass lens).

--dan

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Replacement Reflectors and Lenses for Streamlight Ultrastinger and/or SL Stinger HP

Stinger guru dano is correct. Your US and HP reflectors are metal and should be up to any sane lamp upgrade.

You can see my post here: US/HP Glass Lens We have had successes and failures with this procedure. Mine went perfectly and I now have an US with a UCL running a WA1160.

Keep in mind once you remove the stock plastic lens, you are committed. The SL plastic lenses are put in by flexing them with a special and expensive tool. They are not user replaceable.

Mark