Nuwai ALX-332L Mods?

ptirmal

Enlightened
I purchased this light a few weeks ago and I love it... best flashlight I've ever owned although I know there are better... I was wondering what's the most common mods to do on this light? I was reading something about a pyrex lense? What's better about it and where can I find one in the size I need? Other than that I read something about a 2 stage clickie? But it seems I'd have to twist the cap on, which I'd rather not deal with...

A link:
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/nuwai_3w_alx-332l.htm

Last edited:

Sburr23

Newly Enlightened
I have one of those lights. They are a very nice light for the money. The only Mod it needs is a pocket clip.

Steve

ptirmal

Enlightened
I don't really want a pocket clip. but the thing i think i want is a new lense as it seems the polycarbonate robs about 10% of light?

Is it possible to swap lenses? I read somewhere that one of the nuwai models couldnt be replaced, when I opened the head the lense looked tightly attached to the head... if I heated it up would it come off? I dont want to break my new light so any tips would be appreciative... I believe this and the quantum I-III have the same lense so it should be able to come off right?