got Amilite for christmas.... my thoughts

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
it is small and bright.

-david

Last edited:

redduck

Newly Enlightened
Something is wrong either the light or the battery. I would check the battery first.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Turns out the Amilite is a little bit brighter, but by VERY little. Also, someone said that the tailcap comes off...... it doesnt on mine. I will attempt to post some beamshots, and if you could let me know if it is as it should be in terms of brightess compared to the other lights (E1L, Nuwai Q3, and Fenix L1P) that would be cool. Thanks

-David

onthebeam

Enlightened
The tailcap is the entire bottom half of the light. Mine is very bright indeed. The Q3 is also quite a bright flashlight, yet not as bright as the Amilite.

Yooper

Enlightened
My Amilite is definitely brighter than my L1P, and the L1P has an L91 battery, which makes it brighter than alkalines do. I'll take a beamshot, just a minute....

Radio

Modulated Moderator
Yup, just got my amilite yesterday and it is much brighter than my Q-III on RCR123 3.7V and L1 and L1P both on E2-Li batts, hands down the amilite, almost as bright as my Peak CPF 2005 Ranier special, but not quite.

Yooper

Enlightened
Here you go, Amilite on the left with the battery that it came with, L1P on the right with a fresh L91. Canon SD550, iso 50, spot metered on the L1P hotspot, pic reduced in size in Photoshop and then .jpg compressed, but otherwise unchanged...

amivsl1p.jpg

Yooper

Enlightened
I must say that I like the Fenix L1P better. I prefer the form factor with constant diameter and tail cap switch to the twistie action of the Amilite, plus I like to carry my L1P in its holster and haven't figured out a comfy and convenient way to carry the Amilite - it's too big to be comfy loose in my pocket, and it's hard to deply quickly, especially with the twistie switch. The Amilite is brighter, has a bigger hotspot and brighter spill beam, and is a little shorter in length, but the L1P is cooler any day.

If ever get a tail cap switch and a holster for the Amilite I might change my mind...