Hmm, how to spend Christmas Cash.....

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
i've got a good amount of Christmas cash waiting to be spent, thing is, i can't figure out *what* lights/accesories to get....

i have enough to get another SureFire, perhaps the E2e/E2d series, but i'm not sure if it makes logical sense to get *another* SureFire flashlight that's essentially the same as my 6P/G2

the other possibilities are to get accesories/upgrades for the 6P/G2, maybe a Bug Out Gear LED module or KL3 LED head, perhaps some protected R123a's

maybe pick up a Fenix L2P and one of those 12 LED UV lights from Lighthound....

dunno, i have all the lights i *need* (heck, i have *more* than i need), any further lights are more of a "want" than anything

carrot

Flashaholic
Save up your cash for an A2 Aviator! That's what I'd do in your situation. Or get a few Arc-AAAP's.

TonkinWarrior

Enlightened
MacT, there's some great recommendations here that you can't go wrong with.

However, if you can muster patience, I'd be inclined to advise waiting for some rumored latest-and-greatest/hot-new-lights that are sure to appear in the next month or 2. Some new developments in this area might also bring price-pressure on certain presently-popular lights that are perfectly acceptable. For example, look how the Nuwai Q-III has dropped in price this past year. Nifty light, but it looks a lot better at $31 than $50.

Beyond that, some B&M retailers and on-line sellers are bound to have the usual clearance bargains/specials coming out real soon. Always happens.

If the ca$h is burnin' a hole there, your own idea to get some optional heads (i.e., KL3) might be a $mart way to scratch that itch.

MacTech

Enlightened
Well, i decided to be a good boy and do the logical thing....

BOG 3W LED
and Lighthound's 12 LED UV flashlight, that one i couldn't resist

best part is, i used less than half of my Christmas money, maybe i can do something "responsible" with the rest like use it to pay bills :p....

i had to resist ordering a L1P or L2P, as my L1S fits the EDC role *perfectly*, and i couldn't see spending the extra money for an L2P, it's a nice light, i'm sure, and i'll probably end up with one *eventually*, it just isn't as "cool" as the L1P/L1S, yes, i know i'd be getting HAIII, coated glass optics and full regulation, but the cool thing with the L1 series is that it's just so small, but amazingly bright

onlinewarlord

Newly Enlightened
MacTech, since you have a budget or at least limit yourself to one.

Why not sell 1 or some of your duplicates (G2/6P) and add some variety to your line-up?

I'll toss another plug to the A2, it's the perfect EDC imo. I got a mint A2 (natural HA) for $115 off of B/S/T.

MacTech

Enlightened
well, the G2 alternates duties between "Portable Blinding Machine" and "car light" depending on my whims, right now it's in the car, sometimes when i want to prank my cow-orkers, i sneak the P61 into the G2 and watch the fun....

as far as the E2/A2 series, they just don't do it for me, they feel too light and "delicate", i know they're not, but in a direct comparison between an E2e and 6P, the 6P just feels better to me, i *like* the extra mass of the 6P, and i don't abuse my lights, so the durability of the A2/E2's HAIII over the 6P's HAII is a non-issue

then there's the fact that the A2/E2 series are slightly less powerful, but also more expensive, to me, that just doesn't make sense, to pay more money for less power, and as i'm a photographer, i *can* see a noticable difference between the 60 lumen and 65 lumen bulbs, not a *major* difference, but noticable...

firefly99

Enlightened
How about donating your spare cash or buying some lights for tsunami victims ?

Last edited:

AtomicX

Newly Enlightened
For me it's a fun thing with a bright ending ( 600+ Lumens hopeful )...I'm going to order up 6AA-D holder from the master of them here, an Aluminum reflector,Borofloat lens and Pelican 3854 bulb to do the Mag 2D ROP mod. I'm hearing it's a winner, and have to get me one ! I think I'll even get a brand new host and do Andrewwinn's switch resistance mods too. Time to spend a little (~$60 or 70 I'm guessing.) , and have a little "mod-fun". What more fun with a reasonable amount of Christmas cash could be possible...it's gonna be nice! Yeah, bigger than the G2 I was going to pick up, but NO contest ..hehe. I have enough small carry lights anyway. Cheers! hope everyone's christmas was nice.