What is the total retail value of all your flashlights?

ScottyJ

Enlightened
If you were to have paid full retail for all of your flashlights, including gifts, demos, anything you may have, what would you have paid?

I would be around 1600 dollars....shocking to non-flashoholics, yet mild to those who truly understand.

What about you?

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
Mine is probably close to around $300. That is a lot more than I thought it would be. I'm still probably missing some lights, along with the ones that I am getting for christmas.(thanks to the christmas giveaway) Most of the collection I have had for a long time, before flashoholic days. And most of them are cheap lights that don't cost more than 20 bucks.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine really isn't all that high , but I just started so I would imagine it will go up in the future.
Here it is broken down:

Fenix L1P x 2 = $90
Streamlight 4AA Luxeon = $30
River Rock Lantern = $20
Element 3AAA = $15
Eternalight Ergo = $25
River Rock Headlamp = $15
Princeton Tec EOS = $40
Surefire G2 = $35
Osram Golden Dragon Lantern = $35
River Rock 2AAA = $10
Maglite Solitaire x 4 = $20
Nuwai 1AAA = $10

TOTAL = $345 (I think)

I honestly didn't think I had spent anywhere near that much, but I guess it really adds up.

Topper

Flashaholic*
Well based on SF prices listed on the website, after over 3500 I decided I did not want to play this game it would take too long and my older Arc stuff would be impossible to look up as is other lights I have that are not made any more. I think it a fair guess I would have no problem hitting 5 maybe 6000 if I had kept records on everything.I think I better go lay down now.
Topper

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Exactly, Topper.

In a thread similar to this one a member mentioned a good way to really know is to put them in an Excel spreadsheet. Add the associated modified parts, batteries. So I did. Told myself I'd never spend over $1,000.00 in a year again.

Then I said a bad word. Drank a beer. Took a nap.

The good news is in about a week we'll start a new year.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
after adding up my main hand held quality light's, and then a slew of small 1xAAA 1xN cell's plus many coin's and impulse buys from chain stores,(dorcy's, garitty's etc) i would bet about 1500K or a bit more. Better then guitar gear i Need to make a living, heck an impulse buy there can be 500-3000 buck's! :whistle: VDG

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
Living in Trinidad, I've spent between $600-$700 to obtain flashlights (and rechargeable etc,) which would cost the average American about $400-$500.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Scotty,

:devil: My whole collection comes to about $25...

If you don't believe me, just ask my wife... she will tell you the same thing. :nana:

Tom

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
MY total is $0
All the flashlights in my house belong to my wife and kids. Someday I will tell them about their flashlights.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
m3t2.jpg

I have almost $800 in this case alone. :aaa:

ddaadd

Enlightened
No way, no how, am I going to ruin my hobby by putting a dollar figure on it !!

I can say that the $1500 mark went by in a blur ....

Kiessling

Flashaholic
This is a question we usually try to avoid at any cost ... :aaa:

I guess the answer would be "way too much to sleep well any more".

bernie