sharper image 3 watt small light

Harrison

Newly Enlightened
Anyone seen it? I cant find it only but it was in the store for like $50... 3 watts is a lot and it was the same size as their 1 watt version... anyone know if it is any good

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one of their single-CR123 lights last year. Later I got a Nuwai QIII, and I think the Sharper Image light compares very well to the QIII.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haven't seen the 3 watter, but I think it's pretty hard to beat their 1W 1xCR123 Luxeon light. It's the same that Amondo sells for $21.50. According to Quickbeam's review, it has 87% of the output of the Nuwai QIII but gets 3 TIMES the run time, meaning it is a very efficient light and an excellent buy. It is brighter than my early Arc LS - more than enough for most uses - and has a tactical clicky.

Unless the new SI light can at least match the output of the Amilight (2X the output of the 1 watter for 1/3 the run time), I wouldn't be interested at 2.4 times the 1 watter's price.

Last edited:

nighthawk

Newly Enlightened
Sharper Image 1-Watt Luxeon.

fl028_mi.jpg

Last edited:

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
nerdgineer said:
Haven't seen it, but I think it's pretty hard to beat their 1W 1xCR123 Luxeon light. It's the same that Amondo sells for $21.50. According to Quickbeam's review, it has 87% of the output of the Nuwai QIII but gets 3 TIMES the run time, meaning it is a very efficient light and an excellent buy. It is brighter than my early Arc LS - more than enough for most uses - and has a tactical clicky.

Unless the new SI light can at least match the output of the Amilight (2X the output of the 1 watter for 1/3 the run time), I wouldn't be interested at 2.4 times the 1 watter's price.

just asking, do you own an amilite?

-David

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
maybe to show us the manufacturers web page on the light.... just like you might show a Surefire.com page on a thread about a 6P for example.

-David

TonkinWarrior

Enlightened
This light is the Nuwai ALX-2611X.

There were several threads about it last December or January shortly after Sharper Image first listed the light. Also, at that time, some very alert CPF'ers discovered a coupon worth $50 at S.I., published the source here, and CPF'ers then used 'em en masse to buy this nifty little light.

The current AmondoTech deal for it seams to be better than Sharper Image's 20%-off-for-a-second-one.

This light is a sleeper, and a bargain. Only small flaws are its plastic lense and somewhat large head. I gave one to my Better-Half for Christmas as a stocking-stuffer. Big smiles. I think I'm gonna buy another for me... and gifts for next Christmas.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Saw those also at Sharper Image and like what the others here mentioned. No go on those. . .That's just me.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was really impressed with the Dorcy CR123 3 watt for $30.I got it at SEARS! it reminds me alot of my QIII