G2 Dropin ??

dtsoll

Enlightened
I'm thinking about getting another G2 and put a 3 watt drop-in into it. I see Lighthound has em as well as BOG. Does anyone know if these are the same dropins? If not, is one better than the other? Thanks and Merry Christmas!! Doug:)

greenLED

Flashaholic
Emilion has the G&P 3W drop-ins also: IIRC, the ones he has come with a switch for high/low output.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another great benefit of the BOG module is that since it is designed to run on either 2 or 3 primary 123 cells, it can run on 2 rechargeables just fine which is somewhat of a rarity among 2 123 cell lights.

My very favorite light right now is a TW0K-modded BOG module in a Vital Gear body on 2 MP rechargeable R123s.

Siskel and Ebert would give it ------>
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

rikvee

Enlightened
Paul_in_Maryland said:
One puzzle, though: When you order the BOG 3W, you must specify if you need the G2 version. When you order the G&P 3W from Lighthound, you don't. What gives?

Hi Paul:wave: The difference is a little removable ring that helps with the electrical contact in the G2.
lighthound.com probably just includes them with every one, the actual module is the same.
My latest 3W from BOG is a tad whiter than an earlier version though, don't know if that is individual or across the board.
My switchable 1/3W from Emillion is a little whiter again, but in a Nitrolon light on 2 R123's it gets a little too hot, I use a single Li-Ion on that one now.

All of these get beaten in brightness/whiteness by the Streamlight 4AA Propoly Luxeon, which is an (overdriven) 1Watt (!) - a whole clunky flashlight for less than the price of a drop-in......
In another post someone mentions that the LED Scorpion is similar to this, so if it's just the output and not the flashlight lego possibilities you want, there's two ways of saving a little bit....

Last edited:

Latest posts