New Surefire heads

sovereign

Newly Enlightened
Any scoop on new Surefire heads for 2006? I am looking to pick up a SF Scout, but I am curious if there will be more options to the KL1 and KL4 for a LED head coming out soon?

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
isnt it just a kl4 on a E2D body? I dont see anything new about it. Now if they put a lux 3 and a smooth reflector in it, that would be cool.

-David

sovereign

Newly Enlightened
cheapo said:
isnt it just a kl4 on a E2D body? I dont see anything new about it. Now if they put a lux 3 and a smooth reflector in it, that would be cool.

-David

Basically, yes. That is why I am asking if there will be new heads coming out soon. There must be some info out there regarding future SF products. How long did we know about the U2 before it ever made it to the market?

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm guessing that the optics put in the KL1 and KL3 are also going to be integrated into the other KLx heads as well. That could mean a 100 lumen 5watt tight beam KL4 in 2006? :shrug:

sovereign

Newly Enlightened
So, Surefire must really have development under wraps this time? No leads at all on what's up and coming?

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
sovereign said:
So, Surefire must really have development under wraps this time? No leads at all on what's up and coming?

I think recent competition has forced them to tighten up a bit. :sigh:

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Scout light is interesting, but I've been seeing it locally for close to $300. Now that might be the kit that includes the incandescant head and IR beam filter though.