i like my new hardrive i recomened it highly

raggie33

*the raggedier*
for christmas i got a 300 gig maxtor drive with 16 megs a cache this this is pretty darn fast.its only uata thought i would of prefared sata but this dirve is a screamer and very quiet and my sister got a great deal on it.i like deals even when there gifts lol

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Cool beans, Raggie; that's a huge drive. I've never had a drive with 16 megs of cache on-board.

Overall that might just be big and fast enough for the next version of Windows! :laughing:

Merry Christmas, Raggie!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
merry christmas pw .ya its preety darn big now when i capture video i can leave it on pc longer plus it was only 90 bucks and didnt even need a rebate.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Yeah, I was just thinking "video capture" when I saw your drive's specs.

Speaking of video capture, I've seen a couple of new high-definition capture cards for $99.00. One of them requires XP or Media Center, but the other one will work with Win2K as well. They only work with off-air (8-VSB) HD, but at that price it's still a good deal.

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i dont think i can get any chanles with out cable here atlanta ga is the closet city to me but im not sure how far it is.but it would be cool to capture hdtv

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
HD off-air reception is tricky and often requires a rooftop or balcony-mounted antenna. The signal is harmed primarily by multipath reflections rather than weak reception, which is why a directional antenna is often necessary. Analog TV will often work with a coat hanger as an antenna, but not digital tv! The payoff could be worth the trouble though.