Brunton L.E.D. Lighter

capriman86

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone bought one of these?

http://www.brunton.com/product.php?id=248

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t....form21&Go.x=0&returnPage=search-results1.jsp

i516066sq01.jpg

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one.The first one I bought just quit they warrantied it and it fell out of my pocket to a tile floor and split in two. The pressure vessel is holding the top and bottom together with no through bolts and is made of brittle plastic.I repaired mine well but it will never come apart again superglue is great stuff.If you are going to depend on this lighter I would make a different choice.However I like it it is handy I like that the top opens 180 degrees and the led module is up gradeable to a better 3mm led.for me it was worth the $31 I paid.the light is ok for a 3mm led.
Ps I just perused their sight they have some nice headlights 1 and 3 watt LUX's:rock:

C:santa:

Last edited:

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Capriman,

I have one of those. The LED is perfect for very low light conditions like finding something you dropped inside the tent. I am not sure it has enough of a beam to "find the trail..."

You can remove the light from the lighter and use it, but it will always be on. The switch is activated by unscrewing it from the base.

I went through several lighters to find one that had a descent flame. Most of them were barely running at the full on setting. I ended up with one that is OK at around 3/4.

Tom

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tom

If you remove the lower section or remove the actual lighter from its cover you can move the adjuster to allow for a higher high it is on a spline just lift off and replace a little behind where it was so that it goes higher.not too high or you may get liquid out and that is bad:mad: .
I have found that most high's aren't.so I tweek.
C:santa:

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Chris,

I'll look into that. Thanks.

I like a reasonable flame at about 1/2, so I can ramp it up if the occasion calls for it.

Tom

Denix

Newly Enlightened
I bought one last May. It's held up fine, but I haven't been rough on it. I like the fact that it always lights on the first try though.

The flame doesn't compare to a Blazer micro torch or the new z-plus insert from the same company. I've since reverted back to either the Blazer PB-207 or the z-plus for EDC. At $9.95, the z-plus is pretty hard to beat if you have an old zippo lying around.

As for the light, as mentioned above, quite dim. Nothing compared to an Arc or Peak AAA.

Guy

capriman86

Newly Enlightened
Thanks CPF'ers

Was thinking of getting one for the mrs.
Altho she always is loosing her lighters! :xyxgun:

LOL

SuperNinja

Enlightened
SuperNinja said:
Don't know how bright the LED is one this one, but here is another LED/Lighter combo:

http://vistawholesale.zoovy.com/product/FLASKLIGHTER

Note:
I bought one of these.

It is pretty crappy.

The LED is weak, and it puts out a regular flame (non-torch) :thumbsdow

edit:
CORRECTION - I bought five of these flask shaped lighter/LEDs,
2 of them were a little dim, but 3 of them were just as bright as photon clones! :huh::twothumbs

edit:
I modded the 2 dim ones with 40k LEDs. Now they throw further than the others. :rock:

Last edited: