• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Any news on the Ocean series?

Hans

Enlightened
The title says it all ...

The website still talks about a release in December, but so far I haven't read any news about an imminent release.

Hans

B

bahamut

BTW, anyone have ANY idea if there really is going to be a beta test anymore?

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well since no one at Peak has given any indication otherwise, why would you question that is will? There was no timeline given for it.

B

bahamut

Archangel said:
Well since no one at Peak has given any indication otherwise, why would you question that is will? There was no timeline given for it.
correct me if i'm wrong,but I was pretty sure DallasA mentioned conducting a beta test when the ocean aaa was completed, and since it is almost the end of december,well, you get the idea

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, since they're not selling it yet, chances are pretty good that it's not ready for prime time. As i guess you haven't noticed, MJ tends to be a bit optimistic on when all the pieces will come together. "The best laid plans" and all that...

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Any news on the Peak Ocean series? (1 watt AAA Luxeon)

I have been waiting for one of these myself!

I hope it has a reflector, and it is really worthwile to purchase. I am tired of carying a big light on my keychain.

DallasA

Enlightened
Hi guys:

No one knows this but this is my personal pet project and yes some of you are correct I am being really picky with it. We are waiting for parts and a reflector that has been custom designed for this unit. At this time until I get the custom reflector in hand I will not say when. I will say that come next week we look to have it in production as in "building the first units" Yes, there will be a beta test but not until have completed units in hand and make sure we do not have to fine tune anything. One I have these I will make the announcement along with another special announcement and post a beta test thread for them.

I know it is annoying listen to me post this but it is more annoying to me when I would also like to show you the final unit and all the hard work that went into it.

MJ

ibcj

Enlightened
DallasA said:
Hi guys:

I know it is annoying listen to me post this but it is more annoying to me when I would also like to show you the final unit and all the hard work that went into it.

MJ

I don't find it annoying, I look for your posts about this light everyday.

I too am looking forward to this one, but I'd rather wait until it is exactly what you want it to be. Unlike some others hyped lights, I know this one is coming and hopefully soon.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the update, MJ
Good to hear the light curcuitry is done with the reflectors causing the delay. I can wait since my 3 snow LED Matterhorn keeps me company.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
MJ,

Thanks for the info. I am with the others, PLEASE wait until you have perfected this light. We can wait!!

I would rather wait for a fantastic light, than get a medicore light sooner.

I would prefer to run this light on lithiums, as a lithium is brighter, and has more power.

BuddTX

joema

Flashlight Enthusiast
MJ, I'd strongly suggest it have a pocket clip like the Arc-AAA. That may sound trivial, but a 1x AAA light is so small/lightweight it's often shirt pocket carried. A clip is a tiny cost that will greatly increase the light's utility. Just look at the complaints about the HDS EDC pocket clip. Lots of people have bought the McLux PD just because of its superior clip.

BrightIdeaOSU

Newly Enlightened
You can perform a task well, quickly, or inexpensively, but not all three.

I would rather it be well done. :)