E2+

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
I think E2+ Is the term used buy somepeople here do decribe putting one of the P series bulbs into and E series Bezzle.

I've been figuring out how to fit a P90 bulb into an E series Bezzle, ( i've worked out how to get the bulb in without taking it apart and moding it)

Now I need your help to teach me all you Know about rechargable R CR123's and the possibility of running a P90 LA on two protected R CR123's

I know this has been done before, but in a C series light
http://kevin.htgk.org/projectc290.php.

I cant find these particular cells. Does anybody use protected R CR1123's on P90 LA, without any Issues?

I'm not sure If I will have to double click to warm up the fillament ( possibly), and get over the protection circuit. ( I'd rather not but I guess I could live with it, and I'd rather not go unprotected)

Also there are definatley going to be theremal issues due to the E series bezzle not having enough mass to dissipate the heat.

I'm not sure if driving the P90 bulb on two rechargables is going to over or undedrive the bulb, and produce more of less heat. I think it slightly overdrives.

How does thermal Shudown work???

I know that running the P61 in an E series bezzle produces so much heat that the Primary CR123's shut down, or thermal protection kicks in, in about 5 or 6 minutes, but do Rechargable CR 123's have thermal protection, or shutdown, when things get to hot?

I know that the E2C and C series bezzle is the easiest way to get over all these Issues, or just use the VG F2, But i want to get all this into a E series light, If I can get it all to work, then I'd be happy with my E2e size and larger output.

I would only use my E2e for short periods anyway, Its not that I use it loads now, as primaries cost heaps to import, I want rechargables for guilt free Lumens.

Last edited:

juancho

Enlightened
Raoul,

If I am toasting my reflector badly with the P-61, you probably will do the same.

Between the gasket to hold the thinner mineral crystal lens and the black burning around the reflector hole, the surface that is left to reflect light is so minuscule that all the effort is for nothing.

Way better is the E2C and the Z-44 bezel.

nascardissasem.jpg

E2CandNascarpic.jpg

Besides the bigger reflector of the P-90 will throw the light farther and will look more intense.

Happy NEW YEAR
Juan C.