beamshots of Nuwai TM-301X-5 ?

bkkd

Newly Enlightened
anybody have some beamshots at night of the 5 watt nuwai? and comparing it with other similar 5 watt lights?

thanks all .............

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
No beam shots, but the light is definitely for flood. Throw is minimal. The beam is much wider than the Surefires or even the Nuwai ALX-352. I do like mine alot when I need to light up a whole room. I wish it was 2 stage. Maybe someone has a mod.

fieldops

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
bkkd said:
anybody have some beamshots at night of the 5 watt nuwai? and comparing it with other similar 5 watt lights?

thanks all .............

When i bought mine i based my decision on Doug's beamshots on his website:
www.flashlightreviews.com

The only other light that has this much flood is the Surefire L4, count the rings on Doug's beamshot "targets" & see for yourself.

John

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
It does have a nice wide beam. It definitely has more flood than any lights in its class. I got mine in Titanium. Good looking light with the crenelated bezel and all. It is much like the L4.

Radio: I think you will like it. Just walk into a room and bingo....instant daylight...what more can you ask for:naughty:

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW.... that output and that runtime. Put a Lux III in and it should throw VERY WELL.

-David

Radio

Modulated Moderator
Just got confirmation that it is in the mail as of this am so I should have it tomorrow or thurs, will let you know how I like it, but I am sure I will as I bought it for flood as all the other lights till this point have been for throw

floscherl

Newly Enlightened
The right thread for me ;)

I´m also searching for a TM-301X-5 vs. Surefire L4 beamshot because i need a good small cheap flood flashlight :)

Is there a 2-stage mod for this light (i´m also looking for a [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] TM-303X (Q-III) [/font]2-stage mod :()?

What Luxeon would give better performance (which tint)?

I think there was a thread about glass lenses?

Thanks a lot!
Flo

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
floscherl said:
The right thread for me ;)

I´m also searching for a TM-301X-5 vs. Surefire L4 beamshot because i need a good small cheap flood flashlight :) Flo

How cheap? In the $60 range, the 5W Likki Lite SL-13 and 5W, 16-level Vari-Brite 52L are worthy competitors. In the $10 to $20 range, I recommend the 19-LED Quake II from Advancemart or the 21-LED MEK from CPF's Dae (SZ Wholesale). Each is about 2.4W and uses a reverse clickie and 23,000-cd LEDs for a total of about 400,000 mcd. I won't say they're as reliable as a Luxeon, because on both of mine, some LEDs would stop working in wet weather, then work again. But they're very bright.

Last edited:

floscherl

Newly Enlightened
Thx a lot LumenHound and Paul :)

@Paul: I mean the difference between cheap/Surefire ;)

The 5W Likki Lite SL-13 seems to be a real winner, why is this light not in the flood category at flashlightreviews.com, because for me it looks really flood.

But i like the Nuwai runtime plot more. Otherwise the white tint from the Likki seems more white, than the Nuwai bluish white .

So we (or better I) need BEAMSHOTS :D

Surefire L4 vs. Nuwai TM-301X-5 vs.
Likki Lite SL-13

Thx