deal with stress of being laid off?

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone been out of work? How do you deal with the stress of looking for a job? I just been laid off. I am worried about this ordeal. I need your opinions on dealing with this issue. :mecry: :awman:

magic79

Enlightened
It's tough the first time...you tend to personalize it, but it's rarely personal. It's usually a business decision and you got caught on the wrong side.

One thing I wanted to say: I've been laid off 3 times and EVERY time ended up with a better job!

My advice: Get after a new job, but also take a day (or even an afternoon) off each week just to relax from the grind. If you don't, you'll wish you had.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best medicine is to buy all those expensive lights you have always wanted!!!!:paypal: (only joking!)

I was laid off about a year ago, and like magic79 said, my next job (which started the day after I was laid off) was more enjoyable. I still remember the feelings of limbo and uncertainty, but it was a growing experience.

*Bryan*

Enlightened
Picard,
First, get a idea of the financial situation your in.
second, tighten up on the spending
third, start looking for a job right away
fourth, sell what ever stuff you have to, to get by.

Prioritize all of the bills and expenses also..

Than relax. Stressing won't help. Collect unemployment if you can and keep looking. You will get by. If you need anything, drop me a line.

Keep your head up!