Harrassment on another forums (Who then laugh at CPF... Quite mad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navck

Enlightened
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=916881&topic=25362788
"LETS MAKE FUN OF THE FLASHLIGHT PEOPLE"

From: Cboys | Posted: 12/26/2005 9:47:19 PM | Message Detail | #031
And to further my point...

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/98174

Who joins a forum about flashlights?
---
No way are ducks smart enough to form a strategic battleplan. They'd half-*** it at best. -Lostcause

These people have harrassed me, now they harrass forums I go to.

From: Cboys | Posted: 12/26/2005 10:37:02 PM | Message Detail | #042
I don't spend my internet time crying about all the cool kids with Ipods and comparing notes on flashlight forums. I actually have friends- and I probably be with some of them now, or shooting, if it wasn't almost 2 in the morning.
---
No way are ducks smart enough to form a strategic battleplan. They'd half-*** it at best. -Lostcause

Last edited:

Greta

Flashaholic
chesterqw said:
wanna harrassed them back?

Um... I do not condone this type of behavior... :tsk: Please do not continue with this line of discussion on CPF. Thank you... :)

Malpaso

Enlightened
Some people are afraid of knowledge and information. Those are usually the people who laugh at others rather than show their ignorance. Don't bring yourself down to their level.

greenLED

Flashaholic
You realize people are playing with you, right? A little self-control goes a loooong way. It's hard to not let some things disturb you, but an on-line argument is worthless. Just ignore them; it's not like they can come harrass you at home or something. :shakehead:

The "weirdos who join a flashlight forum" are the same types that organize forums to talk about gardening, iPods, guns, or whatever. You don't need to defend or promote your choice of hobby with complete strangers. You have options.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
They can laugh all they want until -

* The power goes out
* They have to change a flat tire at night
* They have to search the house or back yard for something that went THUMP in the night
* They're trapped in an elevator during a power outage
* They're trapped in a subway during a fire/outage/attack
* They have to lead their family out to safety in a smoke-filled building

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
ABTOMAT said:
From an ad I saw years ago: Do it alone and it's weird, do it with others and it's a club.

and if you go to the club with an empty wallet... it's CPF!

Seriously, I would not worry about internet musings... there are thousands of forums and 99% of them I would not want to be a member. Some groups I have been a member of turned into shootouts between different opposition groups. Slowly the groups shrunk until just the flamers were left.

Luckily, we don't have to worry about the battles tearing this group apart (General Sasha keeps us civil) Don't worry about what individual people inother groups say about CPF, there are always trolls in every group.

If you told me 10 years ago that I would be posting thousands of posts to a forum that talked about flashlights... I would of thought that to be very strange. All you would of had to say then was it had to do with advancing technology in LEDs, current/voltage regulators, different battery chemistries, chargers, lumens, optics research, thermodynamics and building mods... I would of then understood.

Although discussing flashlights is out of the mainstream and some people that you know may see you as a bit odd... it is all about learning something new and that is what life is about. Don't let the trolls get you down.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm closing this. Please, we do not want some internet board-war. Those are always messy.

The good advice is to ignore it all....

--dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts