BOW LIGHT

juancho

Enlightened
I did this recently for a friend that bowhunts and has a nuisance permit to shoot deer at night.

I use a # 45 Weaver base in a Cobra stabilizer, a Weaver ring to hold a Surefire 6 P with P-61 lamp, the picture doesn't show the red filter or the remote cable tail-cap because they were in transit from my friend John at Lighthound.

The deer don't see the red light, that is the reason for the filter.
In guns I like to use the TACM III light that is a much better trower than the Surefire 6 P, because it have a bigger and smooth polished reflector.
But in a bow it doesn't matter because the range is always short.

bowlight.jpg

The contour of the Weaver #45 base fit the Cobra stabilizer perfectly, when the light is removed from the stabilizer only a small unobstrusive base is left.
Juan C.

gl22man

Enlightened
juancho said:
I did this recently for a friend to shoot deer at night.

Juan C.

:wtf:

"WOW" Now that is very unsportsman like!!!!!!!!!!! Shoot em at night when they have no chance in hell. must be a hell of a hunter,huh.....

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Gl22man,

gl22man said:
juancho said:
I did this recently for a friend to shoot deer at night.

Juan C.

"WOW" Now that is very unsportsman like!!!!!!!!!!! Shoot em at night when they have no chance in hell. must be a hell of a hunter,huh.....

The news media would be proud of your ability to only quote selected portions of the original text...

I believe the actual statement went like this.

juancho said:
I did this recently for a friend that bowhunts and has a nuisance permit to shoot deer at night.

To me, there is quite a difference.

Tom

juancho

Enlightened
It has nothing to do with sportmanship. A nuisance permit is issued by the State to a professional who is willing to "cull" the deer from areas that are badly needed.

Landowners don't own the herd but is the property of the State (in this case State of New York). When the farmers complain about heavy damage from deer (in this case it is a commercial apple orchard), they are allocated a number of removals and they contact the nearest nuisance holder.

They have permission to shoot at night, which is the time of the day when the deer are active. Itwould be rather stupid in a culling operation to wait for them during the day when they are NOT in the apple orchard.

My friend and others holding nuisance permits do this as a service to the community and as a way to keep an overgroing deer herd healthy.

It doesn't involve sportmanship, as any deer (does, bucks, spikes or 16 pointers) are targeted; they are all causing destruction to property and agitation to many hard-working planters and farmers. Hence the word nuisance.

Happy New Year!

Regards,
Juan C.

DigMe

Enlightened
gl22man said:

Yes, it's better if they waste away on somebody's front lawn or get hit by a car. "WTF" indeed.

BTW, do you insist on only eating beef in which the cow was given a "sporting chance" before it was killed?

brad cook