led obsession?

pr5owner

Newly Enlightened
is there such a thing as too much? lately all ive been doing is reading CPF and looking thru flashlightreviews and led museum, i think ive pretty much read every review they have...

anyone else read every review between the both of them?

Sleestak

Newly Enlightened
Obsession? Well, uh, let's just call it an 'intense interest' instead. :naughty:

Yes, I've gone through periods of heavy fascination with things before too, LED's being one of them. I personally don't think there's anything wrong with having a strong interest in something, just as long as it, A.) doesn't interfere with normal functioning, B.) doesn't make you go broke, C.) doesn't temp you into breaking the law, or D.) doesn't make your significant other consistently angry. :whistle:

I remember there was a time when I read every stinkin' page on the LEDmuseum site in the span of only a few weeks. Twice.

Macaw

Enlightened
I cannot say that i've read every review. I have read some of them many times over; the one's of interest to me. Too much? I guess that it is a subjective thing. Sleestak makes some good points, especially "A".
I have to admit, something about flashlights and this forum that make for extremely engrossing material. Almost opiatelike in it's allure. Kind of scary to me, actually.
mpr.gif

Today I ordered an LEDbeam 3c flashlight (shipped the same day - WOW). Why? An aluminum bodied Luxion throw champ for only $25! How can anyone resist!?!
I don't have need of any more flashlights. I've given most of my surplus to friends and family. Why do keep on buying them?
Christo_pull_hair.gif
ohgeez.gif
icon15.gif
sick2.gif
party.gif
thinking.gif
:help:
Christo_pull_hair.gif

Cavannus

Newly Enlightened
As an early lighting collector, I 've always wondered how people lived through a new lighting, for example Auer gas mantle around 1890, fluorescent lamps around 1950, etc.

Here we live a new technology of lighting at its begining, and it's very interesting.

Many techical solutions about leds themselves and about collimators, electronic regulation, etc. are to be found, so each review merits to be read.

I for one, I don't read each review, but I try to combine a global overview of fans' reviews and thinking and a global observation of non-fans' use and understanding of such led lamps (for example, none of my friend takes care or is aware about led overdrive or heat).
Obsession for us, yes, but not more than divers, scientists, pilots, etc. who also have their magazines and forums!