ever seen a space ship?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ok i recall this well me and my little sister was in her room we looked out window and there it was.well most of ya know i suffer from mentel illness but the weird thing my little sis recalls it to so have ya ever seen one

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: ever seen a space poop

May I please be the first to seriously :lolsign: at the title...
Just the title though, not the subject!

Last edited:

Sleestak

Newly Enlightened

I believe Apollo 13 was the first example of a Space Sh!t. I think all of them did that when the tank blowed up. :D

magic79

Enlightened

Sleestak said:
I believe Apollo 13 was the first example of a Space Sh!t. I think all of them did that when the tank blowed up. :D

I think Soviet dog Laika, the first animal in space, beat Lovell, Haise, and Sweigert by 15 years!

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

Do meteors technically count as space sh*t? :laughing:

I saw something many years ago that I couldn't explain at the time; two bright spots that made some impossible-looking turns, then they vanished.
:shrug:

AJ_Dual

Enlightened

Before they designed zero-G toilets on Skylab, on the longer duration missions like Apollo, NASA bio-medical engineers came up with a bag system for astronauts to go #2 in zero-G (Technicaly "microgravity", but I digress.)

The bag had an open end that was lined with sticky tape. The astronaut would tape the edges of the bag to his posterior. And the sides of the bag were fitted with inward pointing gloves so he could "herd" his waste to the back end of the bag. Once complete, the astronaut was to seal the bag, and pop an internal compartment filled with blue "TidyBowl" fluid, mix the contents by kneading the bag, which was then packed into a storage compartment.

Remember, this had to be accomplished in zero-G, while no more than 1-2 feet away from your crewmates, with no privacy.

Most astronauts found the whole sequence so distressing that they simply held it until they landed, or only employed the bags in cases of extreme urgency.

But seriously Raggie, besides yellow, what did it look like? I've seen some "shooting stars" that were heading in a direction that made it likely it was space junk burning up. I've also seen the International Space Station go by, you can look up when it's over your state on NASA's website.

Sleestak

Newly Enlightened

magic79 said:
I think Soviet dog Laika, the first animal in space, beat Lovell, Haise, and Sweigert by 15 years!

Yea, but he cheated. He did it *on the way up.* :toilet:

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast

Raggie,

Definately, many times. When I was a teenager in the 60s (yikes!) I used to camp out 3-4 times every week during summer vacation. I spent lots of time looking at the stars. We would see satellites crawling across the sky unlike any plane.

Now that I think about it I can also recall seeing at least one of the ECHO satellites. the ECHOs weren't satellites in the way we think of the word today -- they were just big balloons made of Mylar that were boosted into orbit and then inflated. Communications signals would be bounced off of them from one continent to another -- hence the ECHO name. I believe that there were two of them. They were easy to see, even after they pretty much deflated they could still be made out for a long time.

The best times to see man-made space stuff are probably within an hour or so of sunset or sunrise. The closer to the middle of the night you get the harder it is for sunlight to fall on things that are in orbits that are relatively close to earth.

matt_j

Enlightened

I bet you there is a lot of space crap floating around the earth. Probably in the next century we are going to have a ring like saturn made out of junk.

Sleestak

Newly Enlightened

matt_j said:
I bet you there is a lot of space crap floating around the earth. Probably in the next century we are going to have a ring like saturn made out of junk.

Yea, space junk is very bad. Remember when that tiny fleck of paint hit the space shuttle window at something like 30,000 miles an hour. Teensy little fleck of paint and it knocked a little chip out of the window. Imagine if that had been a nut or bolt.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
This sighting is from 1982. At that time I lived in the Juneau Receiving Home in Juneau Alaska, awaiting foster care. Around 2 in the afternoon on a mid-June day, I had stepped out back for a cigerette. In the back of this home was the driveway, a freestanding garage, and a dipsty dumpster. A woodland area surrounded the whole back side. About 100' from the porch and well into the wooded area lies a 10'x10' patch of concrete with a basketball hoop on it.

When I stepped out, I noticed a deep black globe about 3 feet in diameter, hovering in place about 80' away and 18" or so off the ground - right near the front edge of the basketball court. The sphere was a pure black, almost as if it were a hole in space; yet I could tell it was fully 3-D and very real. Almost immediately after I noticed it, the sphere started drifting smoothly towards my right at about half a mile an hour. A low humming noise became evident at this point. The sound could be best described as the sound effect they use on Star Trek Voyager to indicate power going to the warp core; but it seemed lower and more intense.

The object then emitted an intense, fan-shaped orange beam of some kind, directed towards my right; and sweeping slowly from right to left. As the beam swept past, objects in its path (tires, pop cans, etc.) glowed a kind of phosphorescent orange color; while the general background was darker. At this point I was more than concerned; I became somewhat frightened. When I turned towards the back door and reached for the doorknob (still looking at the sphere), the beam hit me, paralyzing me where I stood. And that's the last thing I remember, until finding myself back in my room some minutes later wondering just what the hell had happened.

Just before this sighting occurred, I had been trying to record short-wave radio broadcasts on my new JVC RC-M70 boombox. The tape was still running after the sighting - so being the curious person I was, I played my tape back. At first, all I heard was what I expected: static-filled short-wave broadcasts. About 20 minutes into the tape, these broadcasts were replaced by a very odd warbling noise, modulated and remodulated with all kinds of harmonics; rising and lowering in general pitch with a period of about 20 seconds. This sound lasted for about fifteen minutes; after which the usual static & faint short-wave station sounds resumed.

Sometime between 1982 and 1990 the tape became lost though. I sure wish it hadn't. Back then I didn't own a camera either; although I may have never had a chance to use it even if I had one. (you can't run back in the house for a camera when you're paralyzed).

There were no apparent physical effects from this encounter; although a series of strange paralyzing "dreams" from a previous sighting came back for a few weeks afterwards. The object didn't appear to be suspended by string or wire; the general terrain in that area would have absolutely forbidden any means of support for the kind of smooth, natural movement it had. Not from above, not from the sides, and not from below. My opinion of the object was that it may have been a probe of some kind; it was too small to have been a ship and it most definitely wasn't a balloon. I never found out what happened to it; for it was already gone by the time I realized what had happened.

Back during this time period, I was messing with lasers and electronics; and had constructed a device which produced some unusual EM effects; however this device had not been in operation for about a year before the sphere showed up; so I found no obvious connection between the two.

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast

Other than the space shuttle... well I once saw a UFO (in the strictest sense, unidentified, I had no idea what it was) while out in the backcountry in upstate NY. Something with marker lights zipping back and forth and not moving like anything I'd ever seen.

Found out about a week later that the marine corp had just recieved a few harrier jump jets and were testing them out nearby.

Scared the crap outta me that night though so I suppose it could still be termed a space sh*t.

joecandlepower

Newly Enlightened
I saw when the space shuttle was tethered to a satellite and you could see them fly across the sky in the late 80,s or early 90's. Got to actually see that twice. Man, they were moving! The tether was supposed to be at least 15 miles long or more.
Our paper had an article telling you when and where you could view it.

And another possible space ship or maybe a UFO sighting was in the late 70's. I went over to a friends house and was talking out front with him. His parents came out and told us to look to the southwestern sky view above the Rowland heights area in California.
There were 4 bright lights, ever changing colors, like stars do on a cold clear night, but these were much, much, brighter.
They were hovering in positions like at the corners of an invisible square.
Then they moved eastward in the sky staying in their related positions and then stayed for a few moments. Then one at a time they took turns shooting up and away in the sky like a meteor. A few minutes or so later, we noticed 4 more doing the exact same thing and at the exact same positions as the previous ones..
I knew some other people who saw it too, and heard it reported on the radio also. There was never any explanation for it.