Just for some evil fun, lets create the "assault flashlight"

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
I was thinking this morning (yes, i know, dangerous move...) about how to create a flashlight that *could* be used as a weapon, beyond being used as a club, i figured lets let our evil side run rampant, the only rule here is no firearm style projectile weapons can be in the flashlight, pepper spray is okay
lets just say this would ne a "no holds barred" "less than lethal" weapon for our millitary/LEO, those people who put their lives on the line for us...

lets start off with a canister of *bear* pepper spray in the butt end of the light, then add into the front of the light a 100mW laser emitter (perfect for boiling eyes) and a ring of true UV LED's (to cause vision damage/cataracts)around the outer edge of the reflector bezel

on the outside of the bezel, put a nasty "slash bezel" with lots of evil, sharp, pointy protrusions

okay, take it from there, i figure this is a good starting point

Last edited:

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
UV lasers to create conductive ionized air paths, backed up by a stun-gun power supply.

532nM green DPSS laser, about 500mW, but with a beam dia of about 3", flashing at the rate that creates the greatest neurological disruption.

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those nasty pointy bits should double as taser studs. The UV isn't worth the trouble.

Sleestak

Newly Enlightened
It's gotta be something like an 8-10D for length. If it's gonna be an 'assault' flashlight, it's gotta have 'high capacity' in the 'magazine.'

Pattern the head like a mace, with opening at the tip for the reflector. Have some kind of freon shrieker horn built in there somehow. Or maybe the thing just plays heavy metal licks while you bash.

Have fold out (spring loaded?) type bayonet for the 'butt' of the weapon, like the chi-com rifles have.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been there, done that. Mr. Bulk made his whacking stick, and then someone posted a photo of a mace (as in medieval weapon) Mag-Lite, and then there's this:

hmm.jpg

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Acid. It should squirt acid. And automatically start jamming cell phone signals when you turn it on, so they can't call for help.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I hope Roth sees this thread. :naughty: How about a 4D that doubles as a mortar tube and a 6D rocket launcher. :D

Larry