is this behaviour weird?

my name is fake

Enlightened
I find myself carrying my lights *everywhere* i go, despite the intended place may not even require the use of a flashlight ( example: yesterday, going to Borders , i *sneaked* my C2 in my backpack, and my wife gives me the rolling eye look)

Do I need help?

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
No you are fine.......but when you start to load hard shell locking padded cases of lights to go with you in case of fire, flood or burglary while you're out............then you are sick :whistle: :p

Last edited:

coldsolderjoint

Enlightened
i recently went to a christmas party and wore dress pants, i decided to go EDC-Less for that night despite my best judgement.

About 30 minutes after I got there, my cousins start frantically looking around their house for a flashlight. For what, I dont know... but they looked pretty determined. I was shocked and appalled at myself. I knew the flashlight god's were teaching me a lesson as my cousins finally found a crappy 2d plastic grocery store light, then took 10 minutes to find batteries, and after all that work, it failed to turn on.

That was the last day I'll go EDC-less.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got caught with a dead battery in my solitaire at the start of the big blackout of august 2003 NE US and Canada. Now I always carry 2 lights.

Skyclad01

Enlightened
Beamhead said:
No you are fine.......but when you start to load hard shell locking padded cases of lights to go with you in case of fire, flood or burglary while your out............then you are sick :whistle: :p

I've seen pictures! :poke:

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
An Arc AAA on a necklace is stealth carry.
The SF U2 fits neatly in the pants of any business suite.
A Mag 2 AAA with TLE10 fits in a shirt pocket unnoticed.
A SF C3 fits in the internal pocket of any sweater, in wintertime, and is invisible.

Your behavior is not weird. Is prevident. More flashlights is more previdence.

Anthony

Flakey

Enlightened
C3 Centurian is never out of reach anymore .... probably buy a 1 cell light in the neer future lol

"do you really need that flashlight"

"yes"

".... For what??"

" .... THIS!!! (105 lumens in the eyes) ..... (fiendish giggle)"

seriously though having a light on you at all times is great because every once in a while you actually will have a very good use for it that is totally random and you will say "this light has made my life better" and just that justifies it being in your pocket the entire time. same reason my benchmade knife is clipped to my pocket. always be prepared.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
LEDninja said:
I got caught with a dead battery in my solitaire at the start of the big blackout of august 2003 NE US and Canada. ...

An event obviously staged for the 2003 flashaholic convention. :)

UVvis

Enlightened
It is not that bad.

I have not seen the sun below the horizon since early October. Yet I still have a flashlight or two on me.

On of my buddies cracked up because I dropped a flashlight part, and grabbed another light to find it.

Sleestak

Newly Enlightened
Nothing wrong with it at all.

After all, you might leave the house without needing a flashlight and then need it later. All smart preparations are made not with immediate needs in mind, but with potential future needs in mind.

vic303

Enlightened
No, you're fine. You just need some more pocket lights to hide in your pockets all the time.

tron3

Banned
coldsolderjoint said:
i recently went to a christmas party and wore dress pants, i decided to go EDC-Less for that night despite my best judgement.

About 30 minutes after I got there, my cousins start frantically looking around their house for a flashlight. For what, I dont know... but they looked pretty determined. I was shocked and appalled at myself. I knew the flashlight god's were teaching me a lesson as my cousins finally found a crappy 2d plastic grocery store light, then took 10 minutes to find batteries, and after all that work, it failed to turn on.

That was the last day I'll go EDC-less.

Well, this time of year requires me to have a flashlight just so I can put the trash out at night. Yet I still forget to bring it with me.

I brought my QIII to serveral Sundays to church because it was my new toy, which I loved. Then it seemed silly to have it with me. But I do carry it during the day if I go shopping. Ever see the inside of a mall or large retail outlet with the lights out? Yeah...EDC during the day is suddenly not so stupid. The blackout of 2003 taught us that. :p

missionaryman

Enlightened
No there's nothing wierd about that at all. I mean what did you expect to hear from 15000 people who spend their rent money on high powered illumination devices????
I would like a row of Luxeons across my forehead actually that flashed 8x/second everytime someone got me mad but maybe that's just me.

besafe2

Enlightened
my name is fake said:
I find myself carrying my lights *everywhere* i go, despite the intended place may not even require the use of a flashlight ( example: yesterday, going to Borders , i *sneaked* my C2 in my backpack, and my wife gives me the rolling eye look)

Do I need help?

Lives were saved in the World Trade Center 9/11 just because some one had a flashlight. You never know. I will not be caught off guard after that.

78CJ5

Newly Enlightened
I went to an annual Christmas dinner with friends at one of the finer establishments in Minneapolis. I proceeded to pull out my SF L2 and my wife just about died. One gentleman who was with us has a PHD in Physics. He appreciated the technology. The others didn't get it. I must be a nerd.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heck yes you need help!

Only one light when carrying a backpack?! Thats just wrong on sooooo many levels...

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think that's weird... I pretty much carry a Fenix L1P and a Vital Gear body with a BOG module everywhere I go.

taiji

Enlightened
We (wife and kids) were at lunch yesterday when my son spied a man waiting on his take out wearing a holster with a minimag. He says, "look dad, the man has a light - is he one of your CPF buddies?" He did not seem to be weird to have a flashlight on him. I edc an XO3, a 5w QIII, and a 2 stage TWOJ QIII (thanks Cratz2), but overall this behavior isn't a bit weird, i think.

Ras_Thavas

Enlightened
No, you are not weird. I get the same line from my wife, and she should know better. I am always carrying at least two lights, even while just knocking around the house. If I go out to work or someplace it gets bumped up to 3+.

My sister lives in New York and was at work during the big blackout a couple of years ago. She said that the only way she could see in the stairwell (during the day) was with the photon microlight I gave her one year as a stocking stuffer.

You just never know when a flashlight will come in handy.