Which Flashlight to Carry for My Wedding

bonvivantmike

Enlightened
Strange post, I realize, but....

My fiancee and I are traveling to the United Kingdom in February to get married. Neither of us is from there; we just wanted to do something different and fun. After a few days in London, we head up to Edinburgh, Scotland for the big event.

Since we're getting married in Scotland, we figured, "When in Rome...." Therefore, I will be getting married in a formal Highland suit, including a kilt and sporran. Which brings me to my dilemma.

Without trouser pockets, I'm assuming that I will have to put much of my daily impedimentia into the sporran. We're likely going pubhopping after the ceremony, so I will need the usual stuff: money, ID, cell phone, etc. Of course, I would never consider leaving my EDC light behind.

I normally EDC an L4/McE2S. Occasionally I substitute my A2. I also have an E1L/McE2S, but it's not all that much smaller than the L4. I suppose I could go with my new L1P, but it just seems inadequate for the gravitas of the occasion.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm sure we have some folks here who have worn a sporran. Does it hold enough that I shouldn't be concerned?

Oh, and if anyone desires to send a gift, a U2 would be nice. :)

Lmtfi

Newly Enlightened
Try the Search function. There was a post with almost the exact same title a few months ago.

FWIW: I believe that a groom shouldn't have to carry anything. That is the Best Man's role.

Last edited:

DreamScape

Enlightened
Lmtfi said:
FWIW: I believe that a groom shouldn't have to carry anything. That is the Best Man's role.
Spot On!!

Congratulations by the way
Does the raw interest you? Or a Photon?

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
Duct tape a M6 to your thigh, that would answer the life long question!
Sounds like a nice way to get married, have fun and travel safe. :)

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Carry the Thor 15mil Platinum light. It comes with a shoulder strap. :)

No just joking..... The Raw would be a perfect light for you.... and as someone else said make the best man carry it.

Curtis

*Bryan*

Enlightened
tron3 said:
Ok guys, don't shoot me, but do they make any flashlights that vibrate? :grin2:

Vibrate? what's he gonna do with that? Get married and get flashlight release at the same time..? :crackup:

Okay, maybe I have a twisted sense of humor.... :naughty:

*Bryan*

Enlightened
black-leather-leaderbtm.jpg

There ya go. Has pockets, seems a little dressy but yet still stylish. Utility, style, dress all in one kilt.

hquan

Enlightened
Couldn't you wear a scabbard? Instead of a sword, have a modded 20 cell mag!:faint: A big plus is when you get smashed, it can double as a walking stick!

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for posting that pic, curbry. I've been looking for a stylish utility kilt.

To the original poster, I think I'd carry the L1P myself and if I needed something brighter, I'd say to the best man, 'I say Mumphry, I believe I'm in a bit of a spot and could use a brighter torch... won't you pass the Mag85 my good man' at which point he will present you with your freshly charged pewter Mag85 on a burgundy silk pillow and you'll be good to go!

icon14.gif

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
A sporran is essentially a purse and they come in all sizes. You can put a LOT of stuff in a sporran.

AlanH

Enlightened
Maybe you should think about getting married in a registry office that actually has lights !

Scotland has now got electricity or so I am led to believe !

Alan

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems to me you should carry what you are familiar with, either the L4 or the A2. After marriage everything changes, so it might be nice for your edc to stay the same. :)

Navck

Enlightened
Clip your light onto the kilt.
Problem - Someone might take it, and the metal is cold
Other than that, that solves the problem as long as you don't jump or run around.