For those of you who EDC your SF U2 in a pocket

iNDiGLo

"the Precious..."
Do you cover the lens with any kind of protective cover? Even though you have vowed to not put anything else in that pocket with the light? I found a little plastic cap that fits the top of a Coleman Propane refill that i've transplanted to my AmiLite on my keychain to keep the lens from getting excessively dirty or scratched and wanted something similar for my U2. Any ideas?:shrug:

I tried one of the eyepiece covers from my Bushnell Binoculars but it was just barely too big. :awman:

Last edited:

theamazingrando

Newly Enlightened
What about something like a Butler Creek flip-up scope cap? They are available in different sizes--I imagine one of them would fit. ...but that would add a bit of bulk to your pocket.

WilsonCQB1911

Enlightened
No. It's already bulky enough with that fat bezel. I just clip it to the pocket as it is. I don't put anything else in the pocket though. It's a tool. It'll get scratched and beat up a bit, but that's better than not using it. The glass that SF uses is apparently really resistant to scratching, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's quality stuff.

jtice

Flashaholic
I EDC my U2 in my pocket, with change, and other items.
Not problems at all, even the HA is holding up fine.

The lens sits low enough in my pocket, that most of the time, nothing gets under it anyway.

~John

cy

Flashaholic
when U2 first came out, I use to EDC U2 clipped in my rear pocket.

now days I'll pull out U2 for serious jobs and bike helmet light duties.