$1M in four months

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow...thank GOODNESS someone came up with this idea. I mean, there wasn't already enough ads and other useless crap on the internet before.

On the upside, at least there aren't any popups or banner ads on his page!!! :crackup:

JM-99
(Reminiscing of using the internet back in 1989...)

Last edited:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Gads, if a labelmaker could throw up, that's what it would look like. :laughing:
BTW, it's much easier to read the ads using "View Source"

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw that a couple of months ago (or at least a few weeks ago)... Some other site had a link to it and published the claim of a million bucks earned.

I find it VERY difficult to believe that the whole story is true. No advertising manager with an IQ of over single digits is going to spend money on something like that;

They could get big banner or popup ads on legitimate sites with lots of traffic, for less money per pixel, per visitor and per click, rather than being nearly invisible and lost amongst thousands of similar ads on a page that no one is going to visit except out of curiosity when these articles pop up.

So, I'd take all the articles and claims and testimonials with more than "a grain of salt".

Last edited:

nighthawk

Newly Enlightened
those pixel banners are unclickable, can't click on anything. and most of all, a free coverage on CNN will definetely bring more hits. i want my money back.

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
thats stupid!

a min. of $100 gets you this!
stupid5ms.gif

KingSmono

Enlightened
Cornkid said:
How about if I sell the side of my car!!!!

I could sell the sides for advertisement...

-tom

Already been done... I believe Dreamery Ice Cream paints exotic murals on the sides of cars and pays the owners for the advertising space! I think they chose the cars based on their regular traffic routes.

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has to be a hoax.

- How'd it end up being DNS'd as "milliondollarhomepage"? Did he know beforehand how much he'd make? I mean, he could have predicted it based on the pixels but it's just too perfect that it got filled and it worked.

- I agree with the other posts that no advert mgr would pay for that space. There's no linkage and at a bad rate and no passing-by that'd have anybody visiting the page except for the hoax-sounding article that the boy made $1M from doing the page.

It's totally implausible.

More power to the kid if it's true and there are enough idiots willing to shell out bucks to put junk on an obscure page that nobody will come across, but I don't believe it is true.

Last edited: