B/S/T Guidelines

hquan

Enlightened
I'm still a noob at all of this and have been burned by Ebay (ripped off on my 2nd purchase). I know that everyone here is ethical... but I am wary given my bad Ebay experience. Do you guys have any tips on how to safely B/S/T here?

AshA4

Banned
I can say without hesitation that I have NEVER had a bad experience purchasing here. CPF members tend to be very honest and detailed with what they are selling. I would say that CPF is much more "family oriented" than Ebay will ever be in terms of ethics.

litho123

Enlightened
Hi hquan -

You can always check the Cheers-N-Jeers section to see if your seller has had a problem they couldn't resolve or is a stellar person with great ethics.

I think you'll find that everyone here on CPF has earned their reputation the old fashioned way...one transaction at a time.

I've been on some forums where people are not friendly. Here on CPF, you'll find people going out of their way to help.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
As others have said, usually transactions here run rather smoothly. You might want to quote the OP just in case he tries to edit it, but again there are rarely any problems. I usually don't purchase from someone unless they have quite a few posts here. Just a few posts might be a warning sign.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
hquan, thanks for asking! If you'll look at the top of individual Forums around these halls, there are "stickies" posted that refer to those specific Forums.

Here are the links for the CPF "Lights Forum Rules & Policies" & the CPF "Non-Lights Forum Rules & Policies".

Certainly check out the Cheers~n~Jeers Forum as well and feel free to ask any specific questions that aren't answered.

This thread was originally posted in the "General Flashlight Discussion" Forum, but I moved it to the Cafe as it applies to more than one B/S/T Forum and would perhaps be seen here by more members.

hquan

Enlightened
I've read the rules and policies here - just like I had read the rules and policies of Ebay...

I will agree that I'm most impressed with how helpful and friendly everyone is here.

Thanks for the tips!

KingSmono

Enlightened
Like everyone else has mentioned, CPF has a good reputation for genuine, honest members. I've yet to be burned in a deal here on CPF!

But it's always a good idea to see how many posts the seller has... If they have 1 post, and are selling a Surefire Beast at a bargain of only $1500, you might want to think twice before hitting the "Send" button on your paypal account! Also, search for other posts by the seller, to see if their previous transactions went smoothly or not.

-Allen