Help on removing m@g 2d switch

Delvance

Enlightened
:mad:Hello all,

I've been trying to remove the switch from my 2D m@g for some cleaning and modifying, but i can't seem to get it out :mad: . I've tried removing the metal C clip but can't seem to do it and also, when i remove the rubber cap covering the push switch, i stick an allen key in there but there doesn't seem to be a set screw there at all ? Have i got an old or really new m@g switch ? Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance!

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you use a 5/64 allen wrench on the set screw at the bottom of the switch?

Later
Kelly

AtomicX

Newly Enlightened
The allen set screw is in there, kinda deep towards the barrel edge opposite the switch... maybe try again... hope this helps.

mvnsnd

Newly Enlightened
Pry out the rubber switch cap and insert the allen wrench in the exposed hole. Unscrew it a couple of turns and the switch will slide out the back of the light. Make sure the switch is in the ON position. There is a set screw that digs into the inside of the tube providing the ground path for the switch to the body. You did not need to remove the retaining ring.

--Jeff

ZuluWhiskeyFox

Enlightened
AtomicX said:
The allen set screw is in there, kinda deep towards the barrel edge opposite the switch... maybe try again... hope this helps.

Yep, I concur. It's so deep in fact that it's clear across the other side of the flashlight. Just loosen that setscrew and everything will fall out the tail end. Just about everybody that has first attempted to remove that switch has fallen into the same trap. (What is the trick to removing that derned retaining ring?) Not to worry the ring can stay.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, if you have the normal L shaped allen wrenches, you'll need to use the 'long end' to reach the head of the screw... the short side won't cut it.