Any experience or reviews yet of UK 2AAA eLED Penlight S?

MGLloyd

Newly Enlightened
As a long-term fan of UK products, I was interested to see that they finally have a LED light in a classic penlight form factor. It was released in late September. Has anyone actually seen or used the new eLED Penlight S?

CLHC

Flashaholic
I noticed that it can run both a Xenon Lamp and LED. I don't know about this on but the Mini Q40 eLED Plus looks very interesting for its size and at 40 Lumens. Only thing is that it runs on 4AA as opposed to 2AAA. Also like what GarageBoy said: "What's the S?"

paulr

Flashaholic
Dunno about "S" but I have the 2AAA eLED (the side by side version) and have had the xenon version of the penlight. The heads aren't 2-way interchangeable because the threads are deeper on one than the other (I forget which was which). Anyway the xenon penlight was perfectly nice and I expect the LED version to be, uh, about what you'd expect.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm unsure what to expect. Modern tech seems to be slow making inroads for those of us who actually use a pen light on a regular basis. IIRC WA has one for about $35 - no other info but I'd assume or hope for a bright xenon or equivalent.

After many years of using 2AAA/222 penlights & throwing them away every six mo or so I tried an SL Stylus and then a Pelican L4 LED 3AAAA type - my L4 is noticeably brighter. I like the switches, if they last it'll be an improvement over the old 222 incans but they both could lose some length.

I'd prefer a top clickie (like the L4) 2AAA size (not too long or fat) and a brighter, regulated LED, plastic or metal is OK.

paulr

Flashaholic
The UK 2aaa xenon penlight didn't have a clickie. It had a twist bezel basically the same as the 2aaa eLED but not 2-way interchangeable (you could put head A on body B but not the other way around. I forget which was A and which was B). It was basically like a 2AAA Minimag but made of plastic and with a whiter beam. I actually had several of them and might still have one or two if I can find them. I don't know what WA is but $35 is waaay too much for either of those lights. I think my xenon UK's were around $5 each and the eLED was $10.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Hey PaulR! I know you're in the Bay Area, so do you purchase your UKs locally or otherwise? If locally, where?

MGLloyd

Newly Enlightened
I think the 'S' in the name refers to the presence of a switch; i.e.: a tail clicky switch as opposed to a twist head to turn it on and off. At least, this is my guess.