the Fenix IS waterproof!

peekay331

Newly Enlightened
Just got back from Maui this morning. While there, I accidentally went snorkeling with the Fenix and my car keys in my pocket. I was in the salt water for about 1-1.5hrs and occasionally made 8-10ft dives.

When I got back up, I was horrified to find that my beloved Fenix was in my pocket the whole time. But after washing it a few seconds under the faucet to get rid of the salt water and letting is dry for about 30 minutes, it fired right up.

There was ZERO water penetration in the main battery compartment or inside the reflector.

billvan

Newly Enlightened
peekay331 said:
Just got back from Maui this morning. While there, I accidentally went snorkeling with the Fenix and my car keys in my pocket. I was in the salt water for about 1-1.5hrs and occasionally made 8-10ft dives.

When I got back up, I was horrified to find that my beloved Fenix was in my pocket the whole time. But after washing it a few seconds under the faucet to get rid of the salt water and letting is dry for about 30 minutes, it fired right up.

There was ZERO water penetration in the main battery compartment or inside the reflector.

The Fenix never ceases to amaze me. Just got confirmation on my order for a L2P. Can't wait... where does it all stop?
:aaa:

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
It stopped for me when the switch on my L1P turned into a twisty. The clicky function no longer works....you can push the clicky but nothing happens...good thing it failed in the "ON" mode.

Inferno

Newly Enlightened
I love my Fenix as well. I'm still waiting for someone returning from Iraq with a 5.45mm slug stuck in their Fenix and a good story on how it saved their life...

bexteck

Enlightened
Seems like this little light is getting abused pretty bad, between the various washing machine incidents, the drop down the elevator shaft and such. Luckily it seems that it is able to withstand all of it without a problem.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Roy said:
It stopped for me when the switch on my L1P turned into a twisty. The clicky function no longer works....you can push the clicky but nothing happens...good thing it failed in the "ON" mode.

If the switch fails in the OFF mode, I suppose you could simply solder an insulated wire between the 2 contacts and use it as a twisty.

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last week I took my family to destin florida, along with about 150 fenix's
(I was shipping them once a day from the hotel room! :) ) and I did
some test myself with the new batch of fenix's with thicker orings.

First test was 8 feet of water in the pool. I left it on at the bottom for a
good 40 minutes. No water penetration at all!

Next we went on a little dolphin cruise for the little guy. We cruise out into
the ocean and I dropped my fenix into the ocean with 100 feet of fishing
wire for about 10 minutes. No leaks at all... I was really afraid some big fish
was gonna eat the fenix! :D 100ft is pretty impressive!

Anyway, standard disclaimer here... there are just my amateur test and
to not indicate or guarantee anything. :D