Julian Dates

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
I had a thread, for the last two years, looking for a listing of Julian Dates or Day of Year to be more precise :) . Well I can't find it in our search. But I had my 2005 'Julian Calendar' with Quadax at the top, a quick Google and.... So if any one needs one you can go to
http://www.quadax.com/Support/Julian2006.pdf
The discussion of calendaring methods was good in that other thread though :)

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Hey Herb - I still have the .pdf generic Julian chart for regular and leap years if you need it I can email it to you? VERY HANDY and EASY to use!

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
Doesn't everyone just use :

Unix: date # for today
Fri Dec 30 21:36:46 PST 2005

Unix: date +%j # for today's Julian

Unix: date --date "20010911" +%j # the julian date for Sept 11, 2001

LOL

Daniel

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Sigman, This calendar has worked well, though this year they added some highlighting that won't help me :) The bigger, normal layout works well as we set dates in our scales.

Gadget Lover are those true Julian dates or just DOY (day of Year). There is a difference though I don't recall it. The calendar I linked to is DOY though labeled Julian.
Like I said there was some discussion on this before, more than I really was able to take in.
Alot of my days seem more like they are juliened :hairpull:

Last edited:

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a bump, I was looking for the 2008 calendar, now rather than February 1st. However they don't have the 2008 calendar done.

http://www.quadax.com/support/calendar.htm
Quadax's computer systems, like many other systems, use modified Julian dates (ordinal dates) for recording the date rather than the month and day. Julian dates represent the number of elapsed days since the beginning of the year. For example, the Julian date for January 1 is 1, February 1 is 32, and December 31 is 365, except in leap year when it is 366. The Quadax calendars show the Julian date for each day of the year as well as early cutoff dates for holidays.
However as noted, not real Julian dates.