• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FOUND THANKS! = U or higher binned Chrome McLux PD with Trit!

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
Re: WTB= U or higher binned Chrome McLux PD with Trit!

HIGHER BINNED THAN A U IN A PD?!?!?!?

Izzat possible?

I have and adore my chrome PD. H3 yes and how. UX1K no have. Might sell, have to kick myself for awhile first to do some convincing.....

Wait a moment: I DO have a U-bin McLux PD !!!! With tritium to boot. Alas,
not chrome... but one of a kind splash anodize blue/purple. 1 of only 7 made, new style Ti clip and H3 vial in piston. Total shelf queen, FOR SALE!

Heres a pic:

dsc00877red4ag.jpg
:huh:

paulr

Flashaholic

I love that purple splash and also the chrome. I'm real tempted but this is not the right time for me financially. Maybe in a few months...

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Lunar module,
That purple swirl would look outstanding with a bead blasted Ti bezel ring! There is some silver color in the swirl that would tie in very nicely. I am sorry I sold that but then it looks better on your shelf probably than in my drawer! :nana:

Lunarmodule

Enlightened

McGizmo said:
Lunar module,
That purple swirl would look outstanding with a bead blasted Ti bezel ring! There is some silver color in the swirl that would tie in very nicely. I am sorry I sold that but then it looks better on your shelf probably than in my drawer! :nana:

:ohgeez::aaa:Don, I'll trade you the swirl light for a McLux T, throw in my kidneys for organ harvesting and take a 27L in change. Seriously, I was shocked by the instant interest.

First off, I want to apologize to PSM for I meant no harm and certainly didnt want to hijack his thread and cause a stir. Truth is, after seeing the strong demand and the heartbreaking reality of parting with something I really treasure, I discovered something I wasnt ready for.

Don, I now know a tiny bit of what you go through now. I want to sell the splash light so it dosent have to endure further drawer duty in a little case. Trying to institute a new policy for myself banning shelf queens. At first it was exciting to think of making a clean break and give a new owner a chance to appreciate it but theres an ugly truth just beneath: You can only make ONE person super happy with this deal and everybody else goes away with varying degrees of unhappiness. Thats a bitter pill. It was a little overwhelming so I did something relaxing to take my mind off the matter: literally, I went cliff diving! Now I feel better.

It was perhaps premature on my part and certainly improper to post it the way I did, the original intent was a simple genuine question of feeling for interest from PSM. I did NOT expect a slew of back-to-back PMs and a small flurry of posts, I really was taken aback by that. Seems theres WAY more interest than I thought and I'm not comfortable putting a price tag on the light, thats my weakness. Also, of the two lights, the chrome is not really for sale because it sees the world with me and is a treasure in itself. I can justify selling the splash light only because it has been a 100% Shelf Queenie from day one and I really do bristle at the thought of somehow accidentally damaging a one of a kind thing. As such I thought it best to find it a new home.

At the proper time in the proper way. Again, maybe I'm taking it too seriously but want to reiterate apology for having caused any problem at all. I simply wasnt ready yet. A 50 foot cliff edge seemed like a nice place to relax after that. Ironically THATS easy as pie, dont think, just jump!

Hope everyone is enjoying their New Years celebrations, its late afternoon here in Hawaii and now I've got sand in my keyboard. I feel kinda sheepish -- where's the blushy guy GIF when you need him? As it stands the light will go for sale in its own thread in the very near future, unless someone wants to trade for a McLux-T :)

BTW Don, your post made me appreciate it even more knowing that you personally would have kept it, that was a nice thing you wrote. Alas, time to pass the torch.

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

PoliceScannerMan said:
PM me if you have one ya wanna sell. Chrome McLux PD with Ubin or higher, with trit.

-PSM

Can you live with one without a Tritium vial? I might part with mine, if you make Lunarmodule sell me his splash! (just kidding, just kidding)

Seriously, I have a McLux Titanium, so it wouldn't pain me quite so much to sell the chrome one. Here's the one I bought.

It has been upgraded with the Ti bezel. :rock:

ibcj

Enlightened

Lunarmodule,

I thought you were really going to part with it and give up shelf queens forever. :)

PSM,

PhotonFanatic has a pretty sweet light there.

Lunarmodule

Enlightened

Nystrpr,

Oh sure, rub my nose in it. It smells like titanium anyway. I just looked at the link for PhotonFanatic's U-bin chrome light, it IS a sweet light.

OK, here's a WIN WIN for all: PF sells his chrome light to PSM, I sell my splash to PM, and somebody sells me a Ti in the next few months, where I will be more than content with my chrome light in the meantime. That way, everybody gets something better than expected, and I jump over my hurdles! (Flashaholic crisis lines are jammed - cant get through!)

Whew! Where's my sponsor?

T minus seven minutes to East Coast New Years!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL !!!!