True momentary clickie on Dorcy Super 1 Watt

GeoScouter

Newly Enlightened
I picked up a Dorcy Super 1 Watt at Sears on sale. I ended up with a QYOH. I wasn't real impress with the rear clickie. I tried the rear tailcap from my black Cyclops from Sams and its fits the Dorcy like it was made for it. Gives the Dorcy good tactical feedback and a true momentary clickie. It looks a little strange with a black tailcap but works great.

dorcey7oa.jpg

Steve

Last edited:

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for sharing that. I'll keep it in mind if I decide to keep the purple tinted Dorcy that I bought last night. Right now I'm planning to return it.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
On another thread it was mentioned that the circuit is in the tailcap... that would mean that you would lose your regulation with the tailcap swap and it would be running directly off the 123 cell... May be a bit brighter, but you'll almost definately lose runtime and it may kill your LED quicker but who knows... may last 10 hours maybe 1,000 hours.

Just a head's up.

GeoScouter

Newly Enlightened
cratz2 said:
On another thread it was mentioned that the circuit is in the tailcap... that would mean that you would lose your regulation with the tailcap
Just a head's up.

Thanks for the warning. Do you remember which post that was? From what I can tell the circuit is in the body. The plastic cap is easy to pop off at the top of the body. Your able to see the circuit once you do that. My circuit says REV:1 94V0 Maybe there is two versions?

Steve

Last edited:

ledaholic

Enlightened
Maybe there are three versions, mine has no circuit at all. It is direct drive. Nothing in the tail cap but the switch and nothing up top but the star, plastic and reflector.

GeoScouter

Newly Enlightened
Ty_Bower said:
They all have a circuit. After you take the head off, there's a black plastic disc with a hole in it. The circuit is under the disc.
Here's some nice pics of it:

Thanks for the link! I thought I had seen it previously. I had searched for Dorcy but didn't think to search for Dorcey. Thats what my circuit looks like.

Steve