What flashlight do you use most often?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The subject line says it all. This doesn't necessarily have to be your favourite flashlight, just the one you reach for & use most frequently.

For me, it's the EN McLux with white LED and McFlood reflector.

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
E1L in my pocket L4 in holster and U2 on nightstand. That pretty much covers it for me!!!!

Paul

:devil:

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arc AAA-P. I updated to the newer brighter one, but I've been carrying a Arc AAA on my keychain for the last 4 yrs. I use it most everynight from the car to the door now that its dark when I get home.

I have motion sensing nightlights throught the house so I don't use a flashlight inside unless the power goes out, although I have 4 or 5 on my nightstand just in case :D

carrot

Flashaholic
I use the G2 most, because it's always within reach. I'd use the Photon Freedom Micro, but it's too small for me to find quickly when I need it. If LRI made a... 1xCR123A or a 1xAA light with the same features as the Freedom Micro (I really like the dimming features) for a low, under $50 price, I'd use it all the time.

TonkinWarrior

Enlightened
This should make for some interesting findings, Craig.

In order of my use-frequency:

1. SF E2/KL1
2. Peak McKinley
3. SF L5

In order of daily runtime:
1. SF L5
2. SF E2/KL1
3. Peak McKinley

With so many neat lights in the torch-locker, it's often tough to find the "right light" (tool) for the job. Maybe that's what the great journey of Flashaholism is all about: exploring... i.e., Illumination Testing & Evaluation.

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
1) TnC "N" proto.............usually in my pocket
2) McLux PD
3) Surefire M6
4) Tigerlight (Automobile glove box)

jeffb

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Fenix L1P, since it's in my pocket all the time. My Pelican M6 3W LED seems to run a distant 2nd, followed by the Surefire U2, Surefire E1L, and my 3x3W 2D magmod.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
HDS Basic-60. never leave home without it, and on the lower setting in the house as much as my little light's. VDG

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lately its the Fenix L1P. In the colder weather months, a heavy coat makes it easier to carry additional lights. In that case I also add a TM301X-3 or a Inova T3.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire U2. SF calls it the Digital Ultra, I think of it more as Universal, because that light goes everywhere, fills almost every concievable mission (except the ones requiring Turboheads and Ludicrous Lumens).

jbay

Newly Enlightened
Everyday I use my SL PP 4aa luxeon when I let dog out in backyard and to check for

critters out there . Also use a Dorcy 1aaa at night going to bed.

CLHC

Flashaholic
I alternate quite often with my lights, but 10 times out of 10, I use the 3[M]iniMag since it's ALWAYS on my person.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hrmm... probably my Fenix L1P in first place, followed by my TW0K-modded BOG module in a 2 cell Vital Gear body on 2xR123 cells. Those are the 'away from the house' lights.

When I'm at home, I've mostly been using a Quest minimag clone modded with a Snow 29 LED running on a 14500 cell and a dummy cell and before that, the same light with a Nichia CS LED. I sand the LED to give it a frosted appearance and sputter the reflector to make the beam almost entirely hotspot with basically zero artifacts. Second place would probably be the Minimag with the SMJLED on Energizer Lithiums though I think I prefer my best MJLED to the SMJLED as I can focus it down tighter.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
The_LED_Museum said:
Uh o, spaghetti-O :eek: :sick2: :eek:
I tried to do a search before starting this thread, but that is currently nonfunctional.

Don't worry about it... I think everyone likes threads like these and since some of us CPFers change our EDCs more frequently than our socks, starting a new one each month makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.