Wow, **** Clark sounds bad.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
He was an icon of my youth from American Band Stand to the ever perennial Rockin' New Year's Eve but he is not sounding too healthy this year. Kudos to him for going forward despite his recent setbacks but I wonder if this is the last year we'll see him do the New Year's Eve. Makes me feel old as well. He always seemed to look ten or twenty years younger than his actual age.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
kinda bummed me out i changed chanel to the peace drop.so sad

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah me too, Raggie. He sounds like Kirk Douglas did after his stroke but by god Kirk is still kicking around so maybe **** Clark will as well.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im switching between all the show and when i heard him i had no idea who he was

bruner

Enlightened
I'm only 33, so I have a limited history with **** Clark. Still, I was happy to see that he had the desire to participate, regardless of his speach problems. I was also glad to see that the network was happy to have him back.

Let's hope we all receive such good respect... When the time comes.

Dan

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
It saddened me also. Funny that all of a sudden he sounds like several others of his age that I know, when he used to sound a lot younger than his years. He still looks ok but you can see how hard he's struggling to speak. I give him a lot of credit for going forward with his appearance on the show.

Like Geepondy said, he was an icon throughout my formative years and well into adulthood. Kudos to him for fighting back and working through his rehab.

**Edit**
I just saw another segment and noticed that he sounds short of breath also. I wonder if the stroke has affected his breathing.

Last edited:

onthebeam

Enlightened
He sounds good to me!!! Let's give **** Clark a break. As others echoed, he is a brave man indeed to have made his living with his voice, to come back from a terrible stroke, and to again host New Year's Rockin' Eve.

Please folks, lets all have some compassion! There but for the grace of God go I. . .

Last edited:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I'm not only watching the whole show for the **** Clark segments, I'm recording it. He's still a legend in the music industry and if nothing else this program should be an inspiration for those in similar situations who have a long uphill climb in front of them.

I'm holding out hope that he's showing continuing improvement...

onthebeam

Enlightened
PhotonWrangler said:
I'm not only watching the whole show for the **** Clark segments, I'm recording it. He's still a legend in the music industry and if nothing else this program should be an inspiration for those in similar situations who have a long uphill climb in front of them.

Amen brother!

Sleestak

Newly Enlightened
He had a stroke.

Guy can still think just as fast as always, but he has difficulty putting his thoughts into words.

Actually, he's not doing to bad for someone who had a catestrophic stroke last year.

Don't be fooled folks; getting older doesn't carry the penalties so often attributed to it. It's very often the strokes, heart attacks, et al that come out then to do the damage.

I was very proud that the guy came on instead of hiding. I do believe that much of what he said was pre-recorded.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought he sounded rather well. Ive worked around many who have had strokes from high blood sugar, high blood pressure. Half of their body is no longer usable and is just dead weight. Some are lucky and just have a mild limp.