Dorcy Super 1 Watt - Switch Problem

Yukon_Jack

Enlightened
Couldn't resist the $19.46 Dorcy 1 Watt C123 light just for fun. Generally nice light for the money. A little less bright than my SL 2AA 1 Watt, and a lot dimmer than my Costco 2AA 1 watters, but nice in form and a real nice usable beam pattern with decent hotspot and plenty of spill.

The tint is excellent color, very close to a neutral white. Happy with the luxeon lottey. Howeve, the switch is horrible. It always turns on with one click, but it take sometime 5 or 6 click to turn it off. Obviously a flawed clicky switch.

It was the last light that Sears had, or I would simply buy another and then return one. But not an option at this time. Can anyone tell me if they have had the same experience with the clicky and is there a fix I can do myself? Many thanks.

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there a good deal of internal spring pressure in the switch or is it kind of soft on the release of the button? I once had to stretch the tiny spring inside the switch to cure a similar problem in a weak clicky switch.

Yukon_Jack

Enlightened
Spring is plenty long. Seems to be strickly something internal in the switch head. The "click" is clearly felt, just doesn't turn the light off.

pr5owner

Newly Enlightened
doesnt sears have a crazy long return policy like 90 days or something? just wait till they have more in stock then do an exchange,

my clickie switch works but theres almost no resistanc, you can barely hear the click when its depresed, i like switches with some feedback like inthe aurora 1.5w lights

Yukon_Jack

Enlightened
Yep, Sears has a good return policy. They were open today and don't have any of the lights left. Don't know if they will get more or not, but I plan on waiting awhile, then returning it for another. I do kind of like the light as it is something I can experiment with using rechargables without fear of destroying a hundred plus light.

I did take the rubber switch guard off today an liberally spray electrical contact cleaner into the switch. Seemed to help, but still works intermitently - so back it goes.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Couldn't resist the $19.46 Dorcy 1 Watt C123 light just for fun. Generally nice light for the money. A little less bright than my SL 2AA 1 Watt, and a lot dimmer than my Costco 2AA 1 watters, but nice in form and a real nice usable beam pattern with decent hotspot and plenty of spill.

Are you saying that your Costco 2AA lights are brighter than your Streamlight Propolymer? You either really won or really lost the lottery there because my Propolymer KILLED the Costco lights. Even the one I put an R-bin star a cut down reflector. Still no comparison.

thinking.gif

Yukon_Jack

Enlightened
Cratz2,

You must have missed that I said the SL "2AA" - I probably should have just said the "Jr. 1 Watt".